PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Welker get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interception

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He's not making anywhere near what he deserves.
He's not even complaining.
His hard work isn't even questionable.

Why haven't they given him a better contract yet?

He's not making anywhere near what he deserves.
He's not even complaining.
His hard work isn't even questionable.

Why haven't they given him a better contract yet?

Did you ever stop to think that he is perfectly happy being paid what he's getting paid and has no wish to redo his contract yet? There are some people (Welker being one of them) who aren't motivated by money..

He's still coming off major surgery, he's still under contract until 2012, there's a potential lockout next year...

Unlike the Raiders or Deadskins we're not just going to give a "Aw, nice job! Here's an extension" to every player we love.

This topic makes me mad. It's like you WANT him to complain and take up more of the cap in future years when he's shown no signs of not liking his current deal.

Last edited:
He never said he's happy with it, and he never said he's not happy with it.
That wasn't my point.
My point was that he DESERVES to be paid more.
And no one's going to say "no, i'd rather make 2 million dollars destroying my body rather than x million more than that."

Brady isn't motivated by money either, as he's demonstrated by his previous contracts. He still got paid what he deserves this time around.

And sure, you can say it makes you mad pete, but I'd rather the team treat it's players how they deserved to be treated than treat them like trash.

He has a contract, he doesn't DESERVE anything other than the money on the contract. If he said something, or showed signs of being mad, this would be an issue. You're making something out of nothing.

Cool, Welker's agent posts on PatsFans.com! :D

He's still coming off major surgery, he's still under contract until 2012, there's a potential lockout next year...

Unlike the Raiders or Deadskins we're not just going to give a "Aw, nice job! Here's an extension" to every player we love.

This topic makes me mad. It's like you WANT him to complain and take up more of the cap in future years when he's shown no signs of not liking his current deal.

He's only under contract through the 2011 season, not the 2012 season. And yes, I understand you might have been inferring that, but it wasn't clear.

Because he's got almost two years left in his contract and it would be dumb to give a significant raise to a small receiver who suffered an ACL injury and whose production has greatly decreased this season?

New contracts aren't about showing gratitude for what the player has already done. Welker probably won't produce the way he did from 07-09 anymore and he's had a pretty significant injury. The Pats would be wise to wait until 2011 to see if he can still be productive before handing out something like 30 million bucks of "thank you, Wes!" money.

Last edited:
yeah...WTH do you care,Interception...you Welker's GF or wife?

this thread belongs on the USFL tab

He has a contract, he doesn't DESERVE anything other than the money on the contract. If he said something, or showed signs of being mad, this would be an issue. You're making something out of nothing.

This.

If he continues doing what he is doing I am hopeful that he will get offered a very nice contract. Of course, the Redskins or some other franchise might offer him more money...

..... There are some people (Welker being one of them) who aren't motivated by money..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thats cute :)

That wasn't my point.
And no one's going to say "no, i'd rather make 2 million dollars destroying my body rather than x million more than that."

Brady isn't motivated by money either, as he's demonstrated by his previous contracts. He still got paid what he deserves this time around.

And sure, you can say it makes you mad pete, but I'd rather the team treat it's players how they deserved to be treated than treat them like trash.

Tedy Bruschi says "HI". Since you clearly haven't been following the Patriots for any amount of time, Bruschi DID turn down being paid more money. He negotiated his contract and it upset quite a few players around the league.

I suggest that, before you make such stupid blanket statements, you know your facts.

Also, this team has ALWAYS gone out of it's way to take care of it's players. So it's pretty stupid of you to insinuate that they don't.

That wasn't my point.

You can send him a check if you want.

Why do people care what a player gets paid as long as the player is not complaining?

The Pats play the Colts in 12 hours + and this misconception posts an angry screed declaring the Patriots treat their players like dirt..

I'd rather the team treat it's players how they deserved to be treated than treat them like trash.

must be another undercover green goblin...

yeah...WTH do you care,Interception...you Welker's GF or wife?

this thread belongs on the USFL tab

Your suggestion was a good one. I think this is a fine thread for the Practice Squad.

I think a 3-year 21 million dollar contract would be fair once the CBA is figured out.

7 mil too much for a slot receiver. NO more than 5 mil a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back