PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will we see a real running attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j00fek

Banned
Reaction score
even though the glass box did come up with some good plays, the ball still didnt get run like it should have.

Actually I thought Maroney ran well, he headed staright down hill more than he danced. The Ravens are a very tough team to run on and I thought he did pretty well.

I think its the team as a whole that needs to commit more to running in general. Play action doesnt work to well without a run threat.

There is something about LM's running style that doesn't seem to work out there. In situations when you need a guy to squeeze a couple extra yards out of a run, he never seems to be able to. If the hole is there, he'll get it and get his yardage, but he doesn't seem to have that intangible for the extra yardage. I'm not talking breaking off big gains, I'm talking when it looks like it's a 2-3 yard carry, a guy that can squeeze off another 1-2-3 yards and make it 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 8. That basically makes it a passing down versus going either way. LM seems like the kind of guy that is great in the open field, ala his two catches yesterday, but not a guy that can get extra yardage in a lot of traffic. In comparison, when you watcha McGahee, I can't remember how many times I thought we had him stopped, but he pulled out another burst of yardage. I don't know if it's LM's running style or his toughness or what - when he goes down, he just goes down, the motor doesn't continue through. He almost seem to run too big/wide/easy target for a tackle - not a guy that can slip between tackles. The more I watch the guy, the more I don't see him as a primary back. I see him more of the Julius Jones type, a change of pace guy, but not a primary.

I thought Maroney did push for extra yards last night. For the first time ever. Maybe he is coming around.

The run blocking isn't that good.

wow Julius Jones comparison thats the kiss of death, hes the worst starting RB in the league. Cmon hes not that bad

ravens are #2 in the league in rush yards. even willie parker didnt do much. not a good game to judge.

its just disappointing to see LM dance all around and not get any gains from it. i do give the raves alot of respect for what they did but id like to see more out of our feature back when we need to kill the clock.

Don't think we have the blocking up front.

Jonathan Ogden is like 6'8" 340 and apparently is still a good run blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back