PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will they play the last .05 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you guys were looking at. On the reply the ball was clearly jarred loose when Warner's arm was still ****ed back. He moved his arm forward but clearly didn't have control of the ball at that point.

LOL they edited c-o-c-k-e-d in my post

Last edited:
Warner was definitely passing.

The fact they not only didn't review, but the entire network, announcers, and NFL quickly moved on without even talking about such an obvious point, makes the whole thing very suspicious

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I saw the ball jarred out of his control well before he started moving the arm forward. Didn't see any reason for it to be reviewed.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I saw the ball jarred out of his control well before he started moving the arm forward.

Well seeing as how so many millions of others from the internet whether it be here, on ESPN boards and elsewhere have asked similar questions and had similar debates... it is odd that the play was not reviewed whatsoever and the networks, NFL, and announcers quickly moved on from a very contentious event.

Warner was definitely passing.

The fact they not only didn't review, but the entire network, announcers, and NFL quickly moved on without even talking about such an obvious point, makes the whole thing very suspicious

i thought plays like that were supposed to get automatically reviewed with under 2 mins. in the half and at the end of the game.

Did anyone hear GODell's interview during the pregame? He was talking about things that could be done to make the officiating more accurate. One possibility he mentioned was making the rules less complex,therefore making the ref's job easier.

The other thing he said was they'd like to get more high-tech, for example putting a microchip in the football.

Did anyone hear GODell's interview during the pregame? He was talking about things that could be done to make the officiating more accurate. One possibility he mentioned was making the rules less complex,therefore making the ref's job easier.

The other thing he said was they'd like to get more high-tech, for example putting a microchip in the football.

That could be a good start. At least they could put in a GPS for accurate locations on the field and an accelerometer to show how fast the ball travels.

I'm not ok with it not being reviewed. Not in the least. It was an enormous moment in the game. I am, however, ok with it being ruled a fumble. It was very close. They took their sweet time with every other review in the game (Roethlisberger's TD run, Harrison's pick six, and Holmes' late TD)...this was huge. To not properly review it is a terrible shame.

If you're OK with it being ruled a fumble, then you're also OK with it not being reviewed. A review would've been nice, but my point -- and you apparently agree -- was that the original call was correct based on what the replay showed.

Just to play along with this silliness...

Let's say it were ruled a pass. Guess what, the ball hits a Cards offensive lineman, which is a penalty and an 10 second runoff.

That could be a good start. At least they could put in a GPS for accurate locations on the field and an accelerometer to show how fast the ball travels.

It's amazing to me that the league hasn't gone more high-tech along the way, especially considering the HUGE amount of money that changes hands. Between FF and Vegas alone it has to be billions; someone posted how much FF $ was lost when Brady was injured, something like 15 million I think (not sure,but it was right up there):eek: yet so many times important wins seem to rest on judgement calls:cool:

Awhile back I remember something about BB wanting cameras on top of the goalposts but the powers that be said:nooo:

Goodell had said a while back that they were looking into technologies that would allow the replay officials to see scientifically if the ball crosses the plane of the goaline on close touchdowns, so that we dont get that crap that happened in the Steelers/Ravens game again.

Just to play along with this silliness...

Let's say it were ruled a pass. Guess what, the ball hits a Cards offensive lineman, which is a penalty and an 10 second runoff.

It is not a ten second run off, that is only for presnap penalties. It is a 5 yard penalty and than you would have the 15 yard penalty enforced. So it would of been a net 10 yard gain for the Cardinals.

What a shock a Steeler fan doesn't know the rules, I am not surprised though, they never seem to be enforced for the Stealers.

I don't know what you guys were looking at. On the reply the ball was clearly jarred loose when Warner's arm was still ****ed back. He moved his arm forward but clearly didn't have control of the ball at that point.

I agree with this post

The ball was out and moving before the arm came forward. Fumble. Steelers ball...

Also, on the first reviewed play, Warner was all up in the officials face, "I was throwing the ball" and they reviewed it and over turned the fumble call...look at his face after that last play...even he knew...he fumbled...

Funny about that first tuck rule call. Warner took off his helmet. No talk of anyone missing that blatant unsportsmanlike penalty. Hmm... yeah, it's all a conspiracy.

Funny about that first tuck rule call. Warner took off his helmet. No talk of anyone missing that blatant unsportsmanlike penalty. Hmm... yeah, it's all a conspiracy.

He did didn't he...took his helmet right off too...

on top of the that. 15 yard penalty on Holmes and another 15 on some idiot removing his helmet

ball at the 14 two shots in the endzone. At least give az an opportunity.

Yeah it was iffy. And missing the penalty for Holmes made me scratch my head, thats a given you get a penalty when that happens.

Give the Cards better field position and a few shots to Fitz in the endzone and who knows.....:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing