PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will the Pats face their first close game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
By "close game" I mean a one possession game decided by 8 points or less.

Any given Sunday. I'm serious about that. Every team from here-on will be bringing their A-game and the Pats are due for an eventual letdown. It's a long season.

Last edited:
It's true, Browns might do it this week. You never know.

I think Dallas and Indy will be a tough games on the road.

I'm not worried about Pitts at home at all. Very overrated team.

I don't think Dallas will be close, honestly. They are improved (Parcells simply wasn't the same coach with them, so they're now playing up to their potential), but the disparity between the afc/nfc this year is HUGE. Dallas beat Miami, but I don't think that needs much comment. The Pats will lay their 30+ on them, and I'd be surprised to see the Cowboys get past 20. Double-digit victory. Which, considering how every win so far has been 21+, I suppose could be called close.

Indy is another story. That'll be a game.

imho against the Dallas Cowboys week 6

Probably the Colts. They have just been matching up good against them and if worst comes to worst you know Manning has a shot in a shootout.

I think a very close game than people expect.

They trailed Buffalo 7-3... :D

I meant to add a poll, but I went to lunch and didn't realize there was a time limit on creating a poll =(

That being said, I think Colts.

I think we will have a close game in 2009.

Nope, but since we will have homefield locked up Gutierrez will be the starting QB.

Now, now.... They play first on October 21st. I don't think the Patriots will have everything locked up by then. But, a winless Dolphins team would be a desperate Dolphins team.

Last edited:
It will be a classic trap game...like Washington or even Cleveland this week (short week, Dallas on the radar screen next week, coaching staff familiar with the team). I have no doubt that the Pats will get up for the big games...Dallas, Indy. In fact I think they'll win both of those games by 2 touchdowns. But they definately WILL have a let-down game against a mediocre team, where the score is a lot closer than everyone thought.

They have given me no reason to believe any team can hang with them. "How about never? Does never work for you?"

Next week is a trap game. Short week against a coach that knows us and a much improved team. Yes, they are 2-2, and there are things they don't do so well, but there are other things they do well, and the team is very close, in my opinion, to putting it together and starting to click. Their first game against the Steelers isn't who they are. Since then, they've played very good football, with a few defensive lapses that look fixable.

All it takes is one or two rogue turnovers in the national parity league.

I bet there are uncomfortable moments in the Browns game. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that we'll be further into that game in a tie or losing than any other game this year.

It's like the Yankees in baseball. The Patriots are establishing themselves as the "Dominant force" in the NFL, and every team from here on out will want to bring their 'A' game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing