PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will the 2010 rules be made official?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Teams need to know whether this is a no-cap year before March 5th. They need the information so that they can more reasonably make deals with their own free agents.

Teams need to know whether this is a no-cap year before March 5th. They need the information so that they can more reasonably make deals with their own free agents.

I don't think they will know until something happens, or doesn't, which is why they have to proceed as if the rules in place will in fact be the rules in place. I read somewhere a while ago - and it may have been speculation - that the owners would demand the rules remain in place for 2010 because they had to anticipate that for an entire season. Depending on the tradeoff involved, the union may agree to feed those players to the lions...

I do not think that the big problem will be between the players union and owners. I think the fighting will be between the owners. I think there is going to be a disconnect between the Bills/Bengals/Jaguars of the world and the Cowboys/Pats/Redskins types.

I don't think they will know until something happens, or doesn't, which is why they have to proceed as if the rules in place will in fact be the rules in place. I read somewhere a while ago - and it may have been speculation - that the owners would demand the rules remain in place for 2010 because they had to anticipate that for an entire season. Depending on the tradeoff involved, the union may agree to feed those players to the lions...

So does that mean assume 2010 is uncapped?

So does that mean assume 2010 is uncapped?

Almost certainly, though not definitely, along with teh Final Eight Plan.

It's all but certain, though, that the FA rules (i.e., six years to reach FA) will remain in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes