• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's been 4 days now since our new DT blew lunch during his conditioning run.

So, is this former 1st round draft choice going to be a player for us or will he be sent packing?

I admit that I thought that Seymour's influence would bring this kid around but now I'm not sure anymore.

I'll go with D thought it will be C.

Talent wasted = Jonathon Sullivan ............too bad

Last edited:
I really had high hopes for him when the Pats traded for him, but he has done nothing right since being a Patriot. I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't make the team, I will be dissapointed.

Don't know....he is probably in poor shape and doesn't give a damn..who knows??? Sad..but a good attempt..he WAS a blue chip player..Is this a case where the 1st round pick is a total bust?? Gets the money and does nada??

Pats726 said:
Don't know....he is probably in poor shape and doesn't give a damn..who knows??? Sad..but a good attempt..he WAS a blue chip player..Is this a case where the 1st round pick is a total bust?? Gets the money and does nada??

I don't understand why ownership did not insist upon changing these ridiculous contracts, for which 1st round picks hold out, during the CBA showdown last spring. Opportunity wasted...sorta like the trade deadline today...

Given that Seymour is still on the PUP as well, I am unsure. I would guess sometime around next week.

While he may not make the 53, Sullivan has real talent and they're going to give him a chance this summer to get his head straightened out and get in some kind of shape and get on the field. So I voted for next week. I may not have a lot of confidence that Sullivan will make it, but I also have little confidence that the Saints knew how to discipline a player like him and get the most out of him. The guy needs a Seymour and a Warren and a Wilfork around him to kick his butt. Talk about a change of scenery.

Trying to be the optimist here, maybe he's trying but was in such poor shape that it is gonna take a little time for him to be in BB's "football shape". If he were not giving 100% or just plain loafing, he'd be gone already.

Consider him as a project. We've got nothing to lose, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
When will Sullivan come off PUP?

I optimistically voted for "next week", but realistically I'm under the impression of the following happening first...

pigs_flying.jpg

Another day, another dozen donuts?

full_metal_jacket.jpg

Maybe Seymour is on PUP so he can personally help Sully get into shape? I am mostly joking. I just hope Sey's not injured. I'd rather pretend he's babysitting 'tubbo' than believe he's injured again.

Unknown to those of you who ridicule those with a hibernian namesake, Sully is off doing two-a-days on his own.

After riding the bike during practice, my man goes and lifts two Guinness with each hand, developing his biceps and restoring his electrolyte balance.

With temps to reach 100+, I doubt if this is the day our Mr. Sullivan makes an appearance.

How many days did A. Smith take to pass his conditioning test? I think the first time he passed it the next day. But, his last year here I remember that it took him more than one,but I can't remember how many.

Last edited:
I loved this..

BelichickSullivan.jpg

Pats coach Bill Belichick tries some new techniques for motivating Johnathan Sullivan.

PATSNUTme said:
Another day, another dozen donuts?

full_metal_jacket.jpg
Where is the choice for "PUP is street slang for hot dogs and Sully ain't nevah given them up?"

In terms of great transactions in Patriot history, Sullivan's right up there with the David Terrell signing.

oldrover said:
In terms of great transactions in Patriot history, Sullivan's right up there with the David Terrell signing.

There was no real consequence to either of the deals.

pats1 said:
There was no real consequence to either of the deals.

You could argue that the Sullivan deal was worse, since they gave up Bethel... who at least has some memorable accomplishments in a Pats uniform.

oldrover said:
You could argue that the Sullivan deal was worse, since they gave up Bethel... who at least has some memorable accomplishments in a Pats uniform.

Screw a double dose. It looks like you need a multi-flavor 8-pack!

KoolAidFlava.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey