PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Maroney be healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Has anybody heard any news on this front?
With Morris banged up, I think we'll need Maroney to present a legit rushing threat.
Faulk, Neal, Eckel are alright, but it would be nice to get to full strength on offense.

Should be this week. With Morris and Faulk + a predominantly passing attack we haven't needed to rush him back.

cleold8.jpg

I'm seein' him fully healthy come dis Thursday, darlin'.

It is hard to say because there was a thread last week that said he was made out of glass. If that is true, then how long does it take for glass to heal?

It is hard to say because there was a thread last week that said he was made out of glass. If that is true, then how long does it take for glass to heal?

You can't heal glass.
But you can melt it down
and make something new.:singing:

You can't heal glass.
But you can melt it down
and make something new.:singing:

annealing.

Its called Running back annealing.

Has anybody heard any news on this front?
With Morris banged up, I think we'll need Maroney to present a legit rushing threat.
Faulk, Neal, Eckel are alright, but it would be nice to get to full strength on offense.

I know we are great on offense, but I'd still be a little concerned with Steven Neal at RB.

Trade Maroney today to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson.

Trade Maroney today to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson.

Like the Vikings would ever do that.

Maroney reminds me of Eric ****erson when he's running hard. He just needs to get back on the field. Reiss says they'll be easing him back but it should be soon.

Last edited:
For about three games then hurt again.

I've been watching the jet and charger games on tape the last few days and noticed something that a lot of people seem to be missing. While we're all frustrated with Maroney sitting (game-time decisions each week), especially those of us who have him on our FFT, the guy has been a physical FORCE in the run game.

There seems to be the growing misunderstanding that somehow he's not "tough" because of the groin injury, and it starts to seep toward the wrong impression that LoMar is a soft, finesse-type back - landing on the Faulk side of the scale, rather than the Dillon side. The fact of the matter is, and what the tape clearly shows, is that Maroney is an explosive, dynamic runner who LOOKS FOR CONTACT.

Perhaps given his injury history thus far, especially this season (he played a LOT last year), that might not be the best thing. But it does underscore the TRUTH of it, a truth that gets lost with the namby-pamby postings of danny and friends. Laurence Maroney is a dynamic playmaking running back, who runs up the gut and has the speed to cut it outside.

Hopefully we'll see him back in there soon and he can prove himself to be more durable than he's been this season. I predict it will be at this point that Danny trots out the "just kidding!" card.

I've been watching the jet and charger games on tape the last few days and noticed something that a lot of people seem to be missing. While we're all frustrated with Maroney sitting (game-time decisions each week), especially those of us who have him on our FFT, the guy has been a physical FORCE in the run game.

There seems to be the growing misunderstanding that somehow he's not "tough" because of the groin injury, and it starts to seep toward the wrong impression that LoMar is a soft, finesse-type back - landing on the Faulk side of the scale, rather than the Dillon side. The fact of the matter is, and what the tape clearly shows, is that Maroney is an explosive, dynamic runner who LOOKS FOR CONTACT.

Perhaps given his injury history thus far, especially this season (he played a LOT last year), that might not be the best thing. But it does underscore the TRUTH of it, a truth that gets lost with the namby-pamby postings of danny and friends. Laurence Maroney is a dynamic playmaking running back, who runs up the gut and has the speed to cut it outside.

Hopefully we'll see him back in there soon and he can prove himself to be more durable than he's been this season. I predict it will be at this point that Danny trots out the "just kidding!" card.

Not even close. I hope the kid proves me wrong. I dont say what I do for the hell of it. I hope Maroney makes me eat every single word I posted. I just think he is one of those guys who has trouble with injury.

I hope I am wrong.

Not even close. I hope the kid proves me wrong. I dont say what I do for the hell of it. I hope Maroney makes me eat every single word I posted. I just think he is one of those guys who has trouble with injury.

I hope I am wrong.

You are wrong. Congratulations on feeling hopeful.

Snarkiness aside, I just think they guy can be a force, and I think it's been clear that BB has been holding him out (to SOME degree) as a precaution and because he can. He's been a game-time decision EVERY WEEK so he's just not hurt that badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey