PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will "in Bill we trust" start to lose it's shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdillon28

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.

R u serious!? Our defense was dominant at the end of the year, when it matters. We held teams to about 10 pts a game down the stretch, held the Jags to 3, and the Broncos would've had about the same if the offense, special teams, and officials didn't conspire against the D. As for our offensive problems, we all know that we were a healthy Corey Dillon away from being a dominant offense. Perhaps there a few free agency moves that didn't pan out, but the success of the draft more than made up for it.

Oh, you're a troll, forget it then...

Last edited:
cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.

Maybe in 2015?

cdillon28 said:

does this count towards the poll? Insulted Adam? Nevermind.

When we stop winning on a consistent basis I would imagine.

<<Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V.>>

I can't believe I'm even dignifying this stupidity with a post, but here goes...

How did they "let Givens get away"? He signed for $24M with an $8M signing bonus. If you think he was worth that much money in the Patriots' system, you don't know much about football.

How did they "completely shut out Willie Mac"? McGinest KNEW he would never see the final phantom year of that deal. He wasn't going to get the money he was slated for, by the Pats or by anyone else. He's currently testing the waters. Depending upon what he gets offered, he may or may not be back.

How did they "insult Adam V"? He's been the highest-paid kicker for years now. They offered to make him the highest-paid kicker yet again. Adam, however, is being greedy, and wants to be the highest-paid kicker BY ABOUT A THIRD. Why does he deserve over $3M while other kickers are making $1.5M to $2M? Should the Pats overpay him for previous production? That's the mistake other teams make. Adam's already been WELL COMPENSATED for the Snow Bowl kick, and the SB36 kick, and the SB38 kick, etc.,. Stop looking at his past performance and look at what he is: an aging kicker who can't reach the end zone, and whose range is shortening from 50+ to about 45. Is he great under pressure? Yes. Is he good in bad weather? Yes. Which is why the Pats already offered him a huge salary (by kickers' terms). And, again, depending upon what he's offered, he may or may not be back.

However, if you'd like to jump off the bandwagon, don't break an ankle.

heh....what's the over /under on a "Bring Back Carroll!!" thread?

In Bill We Trust

I'm with you.

I can't see why the Pats haven't made a more concerted effort

to sign their own free agents. Outside of their exclusive rights free

agents, they have signed 4 guys. All received minimum salaries with a

couple receiving a very small signing bonus.

cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan

Are you 8 years old or something? It wasn't too long ago when we were the doormats of the AFC East. Enjoy the current ride. This is the golden age of the Pats.

Jimke said:
I can't see why the Pats haven't made a more concerted effort to sign their own free agents.
As you know this, you should pass along some tidbits about what it was like to be sitting in on the negotioations. It must have been fun and it must be great to have had that inside info on how the discussions went.

Listen DUDE,
I'M NOT JUMPING OFF THE BANDWAGON IGGY. I have an opinion that I shared with the members of this message board. Why is it that as soon as someone disagrees with BB or even question him he's an idiot or in your word "Stupid"? Why? The last time a checked this is a message board to post your opinions and maybe engage in intelligent converstaion. That's what I'm doing, like it or not!

Jimke said:
I'm with you.

I can't see why the Pats haven't made a more concerted effort

to sign their own free agents. Outside of their exclusive rights free

agents, they have signed 4 guys. All received minimum salaries with a

couple receiving a very small signing bonus.

skyfalling1.jpg

maybe it'l lose it's shine when i run out of championship sweatshirts to wear.
I'm wearing my 2003 afc champs one right now (in case anyone was wondering "what are you wearing right about now").
i wore my SB 39 champs one yesterday. lol

Talk about Johnny-come-lately's, the two dissenting voices in this thread have a total of 11 posts. I may have to stop coming here until after the draft.

And BTW Cdillon28 - Its' Beisel, not Bisell. A Bisell is a kind of vacumn cleaner.

sucks2.jpg

this is a qualifier for the "it's all over" thread.

he last time a checked this is a message board to post your opinions and maybe engage in intelligent converstaion. That's what I'm doing, like it or not!

like it or not you are not making sense...maybe you've been having "intelligent converstaion" with a stump under the influence of grain alcohol

cdillon28 said:
get a life

Let's see now.
First post with no courtesy introduction. - - - check!
Proclaimed Patriot's fan in first post. - - - check!
Relatively inflammatory first post attacking Bellichick and Pioli right off the bat. - - - check!
Troll? Possible but not quite sure yet so give the benefit of the doubt. - - - check!

As far as Bill & Scott go - - -

Win a superbowl (36) - - - next year go to non-playoff season (but tied for best record in east division)
Win 2 superbowls (38 & 39) - - - next year, have lost DC & OC, injured to beat the band but still win eastern division and go to playoffs, win 1st game, lose 2nd game by mostly beating selves.
If this pattern holds we should win next 3 superbowls and then have another off year!! Yeah, I'll cut Bill & Scott a ton of slack!!! :D :D

You guys are killing me. I ask A simple question and all of a sudden it's freakin world war III. Take a chill pill people it's just a post. And for the person who noted how many post me and the other person of opinion have. I would like to share some info with you. I've been posting on this board since it was part of Rivals. I was using the name Pimpdaddy as a tribute to a good friend of mine in Providence RI. I changed it in 2004 when Patsfans.com went to this format and I chose cdillon28 as a tribute to Corey Dillon (my son's favorite player). I have not been able to do much posting becasue I was in Iraq the past year serving this great country of ours. But I'm home now and I hope to contribute regularly to this forum. Go Pats, but In BB I only trust some times.
whoo- rah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes