PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Eli and the Giants fold??

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pats were the most dominant team from 2001-2007. with last year's super bowl, the batton may have passed to the giants. now, the giants might be the envy of league, depending on what happens this year. we might be just another contender now.

how were the pats the most dominant team the last 3 years when they didnt win any of the SB's in any of those years and appeared in only one of the SB's? They were dominant in 01, 03, 04 and 07 (have to include it b/c of 16-0)

Last edited:
how were the pats the most dominant team the last 3 years when they didnt win any of the SB's in any of those years and appeared in only one of the SB's? They were dominant in 01, 03, 04 and 07 (have to include it b/c of 16-0)

They were still a constant in the playoffs though. That alone earns the term dominance. For instance, the Steelers won in '05. If they had gone back to the playoffs in '06 to defend their title, they would have been labeled "dominant from '05 to '06". If the Giants return to the playoffs this year (looking like they will) they will be dominant from '07 to '08 regardless of the Super Bowl outcome.

Cartwright, you need to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, bro.

"Cartwright, you need to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, bro."

No, sunlight will kill him.................

"Those rings are as tainted as Gazelle's choad. Those weren't earned. Those were stolen. PM's career isn't over, and for those who actually play by the rules, SB wins are hard to come by. There's still time."

When all else fails and you have nothing left to grasp at, throw out the old "The Patriots cheated and did not earn those rings" trump card.

Yep, grasp away chief.

If the shoe fits........

They were still a constant in the playoffs though. That alone earns the term dominance. For instance, the Steelers won in '05. If they had gone back to the playoffs in '06 to defend their title, they would have been labeled "dominant from '05 to '06". If the Giants return to the playoffs this year (looking like they will) they will be dominant from '07 to '08 regardless of the Super Bowl outcome.

Cartwright, you need to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, bro.

I agree that constant playoff appearances and division titles = dominance, however your point on the steelers is lost b/c the Pats missed the playoffs after their first SB

I agree that constant playoff appearances and division titles = dominance, however your point on the steelers is lost b/c the Pats missed the playoffs after their first SB

He said "most" dominant. Not THE dominant. The Patriots were the most dominant team throughout those years. Were the most dominant team every one of those years? No. But if you're talking about a time frame and someone has to be the "most" dominant, it has to be the Patriots.

He said "most" dominant. Not THE dominant. The Patriots were the most dominant team throughout those years. Were the most dominant team every one of those years? No. But if you're talking about a time frame and someone has to be the "most" dominant, it has to be the Patriots.

that's right. my point was that if you had to pick a team that was the most dominant team from 01-07, it's us. The giants may be the next dominant team. the reality is we cannot be the most dominant team forever, someone has to come take it from us sooner or later. maybe the giants' time is now. they've got a good squad over there.

do you have to come on here with those ugly jets pictures?

where do you see the jets finishing this year?
11-5 1st in the AFC East, 2nd seed, I wont say when we will lose to avoid jinxing the team, but I think we will play in the AFC championship game if we get the 2 seed

Last edited:
"11-5 1st in the AFC East, 2nd seed, I wont say when we will lose to avoid jinxing the team, but I think we will play in the AFC championship game if we get the 2 seed"

Can't really argue that prediction; the AFC is a joke this year, you've got just the Titans and Steelers ahead of you on the depth chart, the Colts are a sleeper at this point, you never know with them. Their track record tells me they'll find a way to blow it.

If you win this week, I'd say in all honesty you have a realistic shot at the Super Bowl, the Titans are frauds in my opinion and you should beat them if you are a legit team.

Fans around the league were laughing at the Favre trade; noone is laughing now, are they?

"11-5 1st in the AFC East, 2nd seed, I wont say when we will lose to avoid jinxing the team, but I think we will play in the AFC championship game if we get the 2 seed"

Can't really argue that prediction; the AFC is a joke this year, you've got just the Titans and Steelers ahead of you on the depth chart, the Colts are a sleeper at this point, you never know with them. Their track record tells me they'll find a way to blow it.

If you win this week, I'd say in all honesty you have a realistic shot at the Super Bowl, the Titans are frauds in my opinion and you should beat them if you are a legit team.

Fans around the league were laughing at the Favre trade; noone is laughing now, are they?
No one is laughing now, I love Favre he has done so much to change the culture around the organization. Tomorrow is huge vs Tennessee. Even if they lose, they need to show the world that they can compete with the AFC elites

No one is laughing now, I love Favre he has done so much to change the culture around the organization. Tomorrow is huge vs Tennessee. Even if they lose, they need to show the world that they can compete with the AFC elites

You have no idea how much I'm hoping the Jets win that game. For the sake of me not liking the Titans as well as for our division hopes.

You have no idea how much I'm hoping the Jets win that game. For the sake of me not liking the Titans as well as for our division hopes.

I have a curtis artin jersey I could give you to wear to support the cause:)

11-5 1st in the AFC East, 2nd seed, I wont say when we will lose to avoid jinxing the team, but I think we will play in the AFC championship game if we get the 2 seed

if the jets make the playoffs, they are out in one game.

GO Giants. You good for nothing, overrated hick of a QB:eek:

"GO Giants. You good for nothing, overrated hick of a QB:eek:"

Glad even a cement head like you finally has seen the light, he is an overrated hick, you forgot backward azz country bumpkin hayseed..................

"GO Giants. You good for nothing, overrated hick of a QB:eek:"

Glad even a cement head like you finally has seen the light, he is an overrated hick, you forgot backward azz country bumpkin hayseed..................
Double G, you continue to bring me joy. If Eli keeps this up, he'll HAVE to get more endorsements, more face time on commercials while you sit there watching your Pats. Something to look forward to for sure:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots