Welcome to PatsFans.com

When will analysts do their job?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Satchboogie3, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I've been trying real hard to find professional football analysts to debate/analyze the Pats-Colts match-up, but no one is actually doing their homework. They just use one stat or an incorrect belief to "prove" their opinion and prediction. One analyst said that Patriots can't stop the run and used the Dolphins game as an example. But he failed to then ask the question, "why did the Pats give up 175+ rushing yards?" so he didn't actual try to find the answer. Had he looked at the tape, he would have seen that the Pats had a gigantic lead and were playing nickel for most of the second half, when the Dophin's amassed most of their rushing yardage, and were playing soft to prevent big passing plays.

Why is it that these so called analysts don't actually sit down, look at tape, look at stats, and ANALYZE, EVERYTHING. They only take a broad look at one little thing and then claim to know the match-up.
  2. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Yep. They're terrible at their jobs. And mostly - LAZY.
  3. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

These analysts forget that it takes hours of work watching tape, looking at plays, comparing matchups, looking at injuries and personel, looking at stats, and looking for why the stats are what they are (like why we gave up 32 points in the second half of the AFCCG)etc. You don't just look at a few stats and then proclaim you know everything.
  4. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They are doing their job. Their job is to generate viewership and buzz, not to tell the truth or accurately portray things.

I agree that it is a shame and wish that accuracy and fairness actually mattered. The root problem is truthiness. Logic doesn't matter, and the only facts worth recognizing are those which support your point.

You want NE to be poor against the run? Focus on the Miami game. You want to say NE hasn't beaten anybody? Who cares about opponent record; Cleveland and Washington aren't very good (because I say so) and San Diego (which was 1-0 before they played NE) was in an early season slump. The truth can be whatever you want it to be!

What's even more sad is the way this thinking is trying to infect science, and the fact that idiots actually listen to scientists funded by big business, churches, and whackjob environmentalists.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. The 12th Man

The 12th Man Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can't stand them either, especially the guys who said that the Pats should have ran out the clock against Dallas instead of getting that Kyle Eckel TD. Idiots. Don't even know football, they shouldn't even have their jobs. You can't run out the clock with 1:43 when the other team just called TO and you're at 2nd and goal. Plain idiots!!!
  6. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +646 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Listen to a local radio announcer. Those TV guys are useless.
  7. The 12th Man

The 12th Man Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I live in Washington State, sooo much hate on the Pats here, you wouldn't believe. Media portrays them as bad, but people around the country never really liked the Pats to begin with, so that build on their hate. Every time I hear people hating I put them on the spot and ask them for what reason and argue my point fair. The only people that I can understand why they hate the Pats should be the Raiders fans for 2001, but other than that, it's a mystery. C'mon, first team to get introduced in a Superbowl as A TEAM. The word TEAM is the only way to describe the Patriots and the dictionary should have that as one of the definitions. They don't talk bad about ANY of their opponents and respect other teams. What else could you ask for? Why the hate then? A lot of times I get the "they win too much" or "they're too good", but that can't be it because there's not even that much hate on the Yankees, or the Cowboys in the 90s or the Lakers. You get my point. Anyway, sorry for this ramling on. Just gets under my skin. One of these days I'll make a trip to Foxboro for a home game and for once be surrounded by fellow Pats fans. Must be a good feeling. Although, next year I will definitely be at the Seattle game.
  8. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -2

If there was a perceived issue stopping the run against the Miami Dolphins, it was quickly corrected in the next game against the Washington Redskins. As for the Patriots rush defense, the following should answer any questions:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

With Richard Seymour back on the active roster, the Patriots rush defense should improve as the season wears on.
  9. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -2

Aside from Ron Jaworski, does anyone at ESPN even study tape?
  10. MightyFooda

MightyFooda Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Love Jaws, he is awesome. Another guy that pisses me off but does his homework is Salibury(I don't know if that's how you spell his name), at least he tries.
    BTW, Tippett, got a shrine to him in my house. My favorite player ever, hands down.
  11. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -2

Andre Tippett was a senior at the University of Iowa when I was a freshman. The Hawkeyes actually won the Big Ten Conference Championship that year, strictly on the basis of their defense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.