Welcome to PatsFans.com

When the PO-lice Act Like the Gestapo

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jul 7, 2009.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

The screaming after they broke the window sure sounded like he was getting tazed and there was the buzzing sound at the same time.......
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I see a nice commission for lawyer. Stupid is as stupid does.
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is a simple thing. In our nation defendants have a giant advantage in court, its not even close. That means that a righteous person just does whatever the cops want out on the street and remembers things for the lawyer. Why push things when its dark and the cops don't know that you don't have an AK47 under your shirt? If you honestly and fairly surrender you won't be harmed. The vast majority of cops are worried about making their next child support payment and sure as hell don't want a suspension or any sort of official reprimand to mess that up.

Do the smart thing out on the street. Just do what the cop says and let your lawyer wreck his life in court later on.
  6. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Probably what I'd do, too.

But isn't it the law cops need probable cause in order for an individual to be stopped, told to get out of the car, and so on? I think cops are obligated when asked and in a situation that allows it, to keep the citizen informed as much as reasonably possible.

Pastor Anderson didn't sound like a gang banger or drug runner to me. He sounded like the religious guy on The Simpsons. Way over the top reaction. Heads should roll...but I don't know we've become so top heavy and decadent..
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

His voice is annoying, but his story is powerful. For a long time, civil rights groups have fought hard against illegal search and seizure and police abuses. In fact, these kinds of behaviors by authorities were used with great affect to supress civil rights, gay rights, and the rights of other minorities. The pastor was a victim of an approach probably more typically used against illegal immigrants. Perhaps some of the teabaggers will be more sensitized to the way the laws often embraced by right-wingers can be used to abuse them. But, then again, it's the right-wing that is more likely than the left-wing to support torture and the most invasive aspects of the Patriot Act. I have no idea what Pastor Andersen's political views are, but the fact that he's at a tea party tells me he's quite conservative. I wonder if the lesson he learned has sensitized him to the abuses that minorities face far more often than the majority?
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not get this whole thing, first they say he was stopped 50 miles from the border and then they show something that it happened on the border crossing... Doesn't homeland security control the border??? Were there two incidents???

It looks like excess and abuse of power, but need everything be a confrontation..
  9. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Or else he was singing a Michael Jackson song.

Most people can't handle authority. They act like petty dictators.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Did you deliberately ignore my question???
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Dear Mr. State, why are you ignoring this question.. my suspicions are rising about the whole thing..

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The more I search this stuff out, looks more and more like a publicity stunt to garner more folks to his "flock".. spent some time with Alex Jones who feels he is a hero...

This has no veracity.. the border patrol stuff is out of sequence with the stuff that took place 50 miles from the border...

Just another big bad government conspiracy thing, they screw up all by themselves do not need fabricated stuff...

Here is a link to his sermons, easy listening...

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page9.html
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  13. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Then, DarrylS, you know more than I. I simply ran across it when reading my friends' blog, GraniteGrok.

They also conduct a two-hour conservative talk show with a local radio station in Laconia, WEMJ AM 1490.

But tasers kill people, you know. Cops sometimes go overboard with it.

Guess how many die annually from tasers, then google it. You'll be shocked.

Death by Taser: The Killer Alternative to Guns | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet
  14. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Read Martin Luther King Jr.
  15. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Duh! The second clip!:ugh: Me so stupid!
  16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

A few years ago i was driving from San Diego to LA and about 20 miles north of SD (25 miles from the border) ICE (INS at that time) had set up a border patrol checkpoint on the highway and they were stopping all vehicles. If I hadn't seen it myself that far from the border I too would have been skeptical.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Lets try once again for the true believers..

The first sequence was 50 miles from the border, that is where the alleged tazering took place

The second sequence, which is the alleged video of the event, took place at a border crossing..

Here is the question how can an incident that takes place 50 miles from the border, take place on the border?? The second question is that if it took place on the border it had to be done by Homeland Security, not the police???

Comprende, it is not that difficult.. it makes no sense...
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This is not about tazers, it is about fake ass videos designed to create some 15 minutes of face time to recruit more folks to the Reverends flock.. the end result he got some air time on the radio and the attention of Alex Jones...

I have seen tazers in action, it is not pretty, but can be necessary.. many times it is an alternative to lethal force..

If he was tazered in this incident it seems uneccessary and that excessive force was used, besides being a big mouth he did not post a lethal threat..