PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When the Game was tied at 14, why did Belicheck decide to kick a FG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You kick a field goal when you need the points and a 3 point swing has a significant impact on the game at hand (AKA, when you go from "tied" to "winning"). You go for it on 4th when you don't really need the points or when the odds of success at converting vs. getting a FG are disproportionately high (when you're at 4th-and-short in long FG territory). This isn't ******* rocket science.

Well the Eagles went for it on 4th down so That's why I was surprised they didn't do the same
Yes, and the Eagles also kicked an onside kick in the middle of the 2nd quarter. Should we have also done that? :rolleyes:

Can we kill this thread please? This has gotta rank right up there in terms of uselessness. Let let it die off by not replying.

I understand that, but I just feel that they will feel confident now since they were close to beating the 10-0 pats and that was something I didn;t want to happen. I really wanted the Pats to cover the spread so to me it feels like a loss

Well, you should be glad then that the Pats kicked the FG, as opposed to going for a 4th and 6, and perhaps missing. Then, Philly might have won the game.

You're all over the map with your responses, but at least you admitted that you're not a Patriots fan, as many of us assumed anyway.

P.S. - Are you really a "fan of the sport", when you don't understand there are times you SHOULD go for a FG and times you should not?

Ahhh....so at least the truth comes out. You lost money on the game and that's why you're complaining that BB went for a FG instead of trying to get a 1st down and possibly a TD. Not that the extra 4 points would have made a difference anyway.

So, if the Pats had won by 3 TD's (which still would have not covered the spread), you'd still feel like they lost?

What happens if a point spread hits 30 and they win by 28....will that feel like a loss too?

Great response. This guy is simply a TROLL. I'm ashamed that I wasted several responses on him. I usually don't take the bait.

Last edited:
:wha:

dense /dɛns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dens]
–adjective, dens·er, dens·est.

2. stupid; slow-witted; dull.
3. intense; extreme: dense ignorance.

anyone else notice that people to call themselves sports advisors or anaylizers tend to know nearly nothing about the sport itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back