PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When the Footballs PSI ratings are found in the favor of the Pats in court...Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The League and Kensil the Jets cronie, Vincent, Wells, who's Daughter is an avid Jets fan and Roger, have a little explaining to do. If the balls are proven in court to be kosher....now what? There can't be sanctions against the Pats nor Brady because there was nothing as he said and the ball boys. How can the cooperating card be dealt when there was no crime?

Why would Roger in his wildest thought pattern want to take that chance?

I think he is praying the other 31 owners tell Kraft to take one for the League. So what if Brady, the Patriots and the legacy here are slaughtered. I believe Mr. Kraft used a word to BB once....schmuck.

So when the court agrees with the scientific finding (in fact the point that Wells convinced old Walt, he should change his first answer about the gauges and that will be blown apart) does the League say "Oops my bad" on to 2016?

Brady and the Pats are still "Cheaters" and the integrity of the league is now whole?

How does the League spin this and how are the Pats exonerated? Are there still penalties even though no harm, no foul?

DW Toys

Brady's suspension has more to do with not co-operating than PSI. Which is utterly ridiculous. They interviewed him for 5 hours. They said he co-operated on everything. Except turning over his phone. The arbitrator will ask the NFL what evidence they have which they think warrants that. The NFL will say PSI. The arbitrator will laugh and say that doesn't have anything to do with the qb. Dismissed. Pats still on the hook for the 1st and 4th.

Many pats fans will accidentally spill beer on Roger at opening day.

If balls are scientifically proven not to be below 12.5 psi at the start of the AFC championship game through ideal gas law then there is no crime. This would make everything else which comes after including text messages, cell phones, interviews, failure to fully cooperate, etc all moot points.

I said this in another post, but my guess is we don't get to pick in the 1st round next year. Judge views loss of that pick in the same way a person who loses a dollar also loses the time value in money. In this case, a year for a player to develop in the league, with the team.

So Pats end up with higher 1st round pick as compensation somewhere down the road, in addition to the 1st round pick they would already have that year. (I'd like to think it would be 1st overall for the egregious nature of all this).

Yeah this has been on my mind also. When science proves the balls were never tampered with, doesn't that make everything after a waste of time and energy?

If the balls are proven in court to be kosher....now what? There can't be sanctions against the Pats nor Brady because there was nothing as he said and the ball boys. How can the cooperating card be dealt when there was no crime?
DW Toys

Let us use a criminal case analogy. You are saying that their can be no obstruction of justice if the defendant is not guilty. This isn't true in criminal court. Obstructing an investigation is its own crime.

So, here the league is trying to punish Brady and the team for not cooperating. Wells has been this very clear. I think that Brady will win in court. I don't know if Kraft is willing to fight the league penalties in court.

Yeah this has been on my mind also. When science proves the balls were never tampered with, doesn't that make everything after a waste of time and energy?

Then the narrative changes to,"well, they tried to tamper with them
". Need to disprove that as well.

I think the best case for the scientific argument will be that its inconclusive. But with that kind of result there should have been no penalty as there is no physical argument for pats violating psi rule outside natural factors.

I think the best case for the scientific argument will be that its inconclusive. But with that kind of result there should have been no penalty as there is no physical argument for pats violating psi rule outside natural factors.

Inconclusive means no scientific support that an infraction occurred.
In a rational universe, case dismissed for lack of evidence.

Last edited:
The media will then say the case is too confusing and they are sick and tired of it, so let's just move on with Brady having a slightly lighter black mark on his name.

The science, before getting into complicated unknown variables, says the balls should have been down just over 1 psi and that the balls should have been a little under 11.5. The ball the Colts intercepted was 11.45 and the average ball was 11.49. Unfortunately, the idiots that run the league were not persuaded by this. There should never have been an investigation. It was not for a couple of months after the investigation began that Exponent began playing with transient curves (which are full of unreliable data) and decided that the ref must have forgotten which gauge was used (using convoluted and irrelevant logic) that they were able to push the balls 0.3 - 0.4 psi under their calculations.

I can't imagine that an honest scientific opinion will be anything other than inconclusive or that they were in a reasonable expected range.

Last edited:
First things First; Based on the notice of appeal, if Mr, Goodell insists on sitting as judge on the Brady appeal TB12's lawyers have stated they will recuse themselves from participation and move to Federal Court to seek an unbiased Judge.
After the Federal Courts have adjudicated who will be the judge in the Appeal case. Than will come the Appeal hearing.
Then the Judge will review all the evidence and testimony and make a decision.
Depending on what that decision is will tell what happens after that.

I could be wrong, but I believe Brady and the NFLPA are only challenging the suspension. If Kraft does not bring suit against the NFL by Thurs., it is possible that a judge could find in Brady's case no evidence of tampering and overturn Brady's suspension while the fine and loss of draft picks would stand despite a federal judge having undermined the basis for these penalties.

Now that I have reached the point of acceptance, it's blowing my mind what we're stuck with here.

The only punishable offenses are :

- Patriots' official taking balls to unauthorized location. I could see a #3 or #4 pick for that.
- Patriots not allowing a 5th (2nd with Wells) interview of McNally. I could see a fine for that.
- Brady refusing to turn over his phone. I could see a fine for that although the NFLPA would probably throw a fit.

That's it. There's no (greater than 50%) evidence of ball tampering. Or of Brady knowing. Or anything.

This should be a #3 or #4 pick with a fine. End of story.

Taking the balls to an unauthorized location is in no way worthy of a draft pick. It is a procedural violation worthy of a fine at most.

Taking the balls to an unauthorized location is in no way worthy of a draft pick. It is a procedural violation worthy of a fine at most.
Agreed but I try to put it in what I think of as a worst case and given that it's the Patriots I could see a draft pick there but obviously nothing like what we got.

they cry.... "but the text messages!"

It's like when there's a missing person report.
The cops check the cell phone of the spouse
Wow... they had been arguing!

But then the missing person shows up and says "hey everybody, I just went to Vegas!"

Then SUPPOSEDLY... THE INVESTIGATION IS OVER.

But in this case, not.

Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back