Welcome to PatsFans.com

When Should You Shoot a Cop?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 28, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

The fringe lunatics at these OWS events are going to ruin the movement.
    I still think Obama has made a huge mistake publicly supporting the movement.
    He should have supported their right to free speech and left it at that.

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/3359/10/3359_1319803351.pdf

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

The fringe lunatics are the movement.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

As much as there may be frindgies and the right will pick up on every little detail, most recent polls show that the American People view these people at a 43% favorability rating.. about 4 times higher than a Republican Congressman..

When you google your link the information you provide does not come up..

4. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

This is a joke right?

I'm not sure I believe anything coming out of a Sheriff's Department run by Joe Arpaio.

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Not even the "Insane Birther Azz Clown Posse?"

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

I Told Everybody "They Will Self Destruct" It's Who They Are, They Won't Be Satisfied With Normal Peaceful Demonstrations, They Want Trouble.

GET OUT OF AFRICA NO MORE DEAD TROOPS
    GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN
    GET OUT OF IRAQ
    PUT THE TROOPS ON THE MEXICAN BORDER
    PUT THE TROOPS ON THE STREETS OF CHICAGO

THROW OBAMA OUT HE IS A WAR MONGER

7. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

No need to worry. I'm sure one of Joe's deputy's will find a document at OWS Phoenix that proves Obama was born in Kenya/Indonesia/Kazakhstan........

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I wouldn't say that... but let's face it the movement is an occupation and people with jobs and families will not fit in. They would be so much better off protesting, marching, having forums ... etc...

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Is this the same Arizona that shot gabby giffords image at a republican fundraiser, then shot her for real in the head?

Yes...it is the same Arizona...

I think most righties from Arizona would answer the question "If they tried to take away my guns"

anyway...this looks to be a bunch or right wing hysteria....The article sited on both "The Blaze" and "Town Hall" (Glenn Beck and Neoclowns) seem to point to the same article on COPBLOCK.org.

It looks to be the musings of a writer who is wondering exactly what I've seen Beck and other conservatives say when thyey talk about Obama or taking away their guns...

Glenn Beck "First They Came For The Jews..." (LEAVE GLENN BECK ALONE!!!) - YouTube

shocking hypocrisy.....

I'd really enjoy seeing the actual flyer, which nobody seems to be able to produce.

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

You've turned on your beloved "tea party"?

11. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

I'm pretty sure the flyer is bs but that wont stop Hannity from mentioning it tonight during one of his inane rants lol.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Your link only goes to the Arpaio Press Release.. not to the actual document you caption.

Is this your source?? http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/28/flier-at-occupy-phoenix-asks-when-should-you-shoot-a-cop/

Even that source does not caption the very long two page flyer??

The other day a rightie was caught in an OWS in an effort to sabotage their effort. It is interesting that this document is not shown in its entirety..

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

here is the 2 page "flyer"

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/3359/10/3359_1319803260.pdf

Its actually linked by the OP, but it took some time to load...

So....

Seems to me like the dude who needs to be contacted by Homeland Security, in this case is the author of the article from COPBLOCK.

Here is his posted Info....
    ============================================================
    Larken Rose - who has written 4 posts on Cop Block.

Check out Larken Rose's site at LarkenRose.com Or see his videos at LarkenRose's Channel - YouTube
    ============================================================

Oh....and I almost forgot....

this article is from JUNE 28th, 2011

FAIL

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

This movement, protest, or whatever you want to call it, won't end pretty. That being said, I totally support their right to protest, and generally support their anger with the system. What I don't support is some of their desired goals, requests, and their specific targeting of wall street. There are far more people to blame, not just wall street. They should be protesting their elected officials for the massive waste, fraud, and expense of government at all levels, as well as their croniism toward the people they're protesting now. It takes two to tango. Wall Street + politicians. On top of that, they should be protesting the very universities that have charged them $40-60k per year for school, while paying know nothings like Elizabeth "I want to confiscate your business" Warren half a million per to teach a class on stupidity. These universities gobble up land, charge propostrous tuition rates, pay coaches millions of dollars, and pay no taxes what so ever. All while they have billions in endowments. They should be part of the story as well. Unfortunately the base of this movement will be overrun by the special interests and fringe rejects who spout off about the JOOOOOOOS, and the cops. I think combined, the tea party core, and the OWS core, could probably come to a consensus on how to fix some of the problems ordinary americans are upset about.

15. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

RW - basically agree with your post (more so the bolded part), and pretty much sums up my view of it also. There is a symbiotic relationship between Wall St. and Politicians. They are both puppet and master onto each other. While one can certainly be angry at Wall St. for their actions, they can only do as much as the pols will let them (and vise versa). Leaving the Politicians (all of them, Left, Right, Liberal, NeoCon, every last one of them) out of their protests is ignoring at least half the problem.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Unfortunately there will be no retraction, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly and the rest of the talking heads will rant and rave..

Malkin and Coulter will get out their poison pen..

Bloggers will have circle jerks.. and in the end it means absolutely nothing just another effort to denigrate this movement.

This is the 205th post that tries to discredit this movement.. 201 have proven to be epic failures.

17. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

This is the second time you've lumped the entire group of protesters together. What a caricature. The world truly IS nothing but black or white to you.

Why in the world were you made a moderator? My Gawd.

18. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

^ this ^

Our utterly corrupt system system reaps what it has sowed.

And anyone who defended absolute deregulation 'til they were blue in the face is at least partly to blame. Make no mistake about it.

19. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This is actually pretty interesting.

As I see it, some right wing morAn googled the term "Should I kill a cop?". Saw the article, and printed it up (Hopefully using single spaces and both side printing, going 'green') brought them to the protest, and alerted the cops to their presence, hoping to stir $#!t up, and make the protesters look violent. Beck picked up the story on his website...

Town Hall wrote an op-ed on it...

Icy Posted it here...

But, it doesnt take much to dig into an article/story if you simply go beyond the search, skim, print....

Whatever right wing guy planted these "flyers" must not have researched the article.

typical....

When Should You Shoot A Patriot? | Cop Block

Read how the Republican Party co-Chair "Liked" his article (back in June) then got voted out of his co-chaimanship.

Read how the Sherrif says that he thinks somene could read the article and get the wrong idea...

Read how the author is part of....

No.......

I'll let HIM explain in his own words.....

"Is it when a patriot such as Mattox joins a political group like the 912 Project?

Is it when a patriot such as Mattox helps create a political action group such as Kershaw County Patriots?

Is it when a patriot such as Mattox is elected to serve the local Republican Party and a “co-chair” position is created on his behalf so that “Tea Party patriots” would have a voice?

Or is it when a patriot such as Mattox clicks “Like” on an article that encourages people to consider when and if they would ever stand up to state-sponsored tyranny — tyranny that enslaves and kills people with the power of state-sponsored guns?

The First Amendment.

Freedom of speech.

Peaceful political action.

DUDE IS A TEA-BAGGER!!!!!!

classic tea party

20. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

The Tea Party wants their money back! Makes me laugh as I thought the Tea Party was all about small government and no regulations. Go figure.

Tea Party vs Occupy: Are Cities Guilty of Double-Standard? | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011