Welcome to PatsFans.com

When? (Phony's)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

A Central Florida councilman wants to ban people who smoke from taking any city jobs, according to a Local 6 News report.

WHEN WILL THE LOONEY LIBERALS THAT ARE WORRIED ABOUT AMERICA SPYING ON PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA START STANDING UP FOR SMOKERS WHO HAVE THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES CRAPPED ON EVERY DAY.
    SMOKING IS A LEGAL ACTIVITY, THEIR RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED DAILY WHERE IS THE SCUMMY SLIMEY FILTHY ACLU, WHERE IS THE "OUTRAGED TROUBLED KENNEDY MURDERER" WHERE ARE THOSE VERMIN?

PS
    I DON'T SMOKE
  2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I do! Its sad that the ACLU will stand up for rapist and murderers, but wont give a second thought about taking all rights away from a smoker---bunch of friggin hypocrites!
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

This is not a liberal or conservative issue. It's a health issue and politically crosses the lines. I'm a light social smoker (I never buy cigarettes, but have been known to bum them), and I think that it's ridiculous you can't smoke in bars and other obvious venues. To me, our country is a too obsessed about living a long time, rather than enjoying life. I think the anti-smoking campaign is being driven by the health insurance industry, which wants to keep raising their rates while reducing their risks.
  4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I especially hate the anti smoking freaks that raise hell if so much as a wisp of smoke gets within 10 feet of them and then get in thier gas guzzling, ozone depleeting car.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

I quit after 30 years and detest smoking, but I do believe it is a business persons right to establish smoking and non smoking restaurants/bars. It is my choice where I want to go and should not be regulated by localities, states or feds. It has gotten somewhat over the edge when they establish smoking zones that are 50 feet from a school or hospital, the whole thing is stupid, if people choose to hurt their bodies with cigarette smoke let them do so. It is not an ACLU issue, don't want them involved, but just a common folk issue.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:ditto: Leave it to the proprietors to choose and get the govt out of it! The lame excuse for banning it now is that the workers will be exposed to second hand smoke. Gimme a break. If you can't take it, work somewhere else. Its just another attempt of government trying to mold culture.

BTW...how did you manage to quit?