PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Patriots Are One Seed, Things Usually Get Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel more confident about us beating anyone this year than I ever did. For once we are going into the playoffs relatively healthy.

our main receivers are all healthy: Gronkowski, Edelman, Lafell

and not to mention, our defense is the best it has been in years and is getting healthy at the right time. This year has shown me that the patriots can win games in more than one way. and can win games when brady doesnt play perfect because of their defense/special teams.

we will see the true value of this defense in the playoffs when the refs put their whistles away and let us play agressive.

One of the biggest differences, IMO, has been the play of Stork. He has given up .5 of a sack all season long. Last year Wendell gave up 4, solo. We have seen a marked difference in how rushers have attacked the line.

Brady can handle any rushes as long as he knows he can step up in the pocket. Any rush coming headlong has always been his achilles heel.

We'll see, Ill be shocked if we aren't held to around 17-21 points at some point in the playoffs. The question is will we be able to win that game.

Never be concerned about points in the playoffs, it's about wins. If we get 20 and they get 17 that's good enough for me. The winners will be the teams that give a total team effort for 60 minutes both sides of the ball.

It makes teams come into Gillette where Brady and the Pats are so tough to beat (besides Balt). Makes it easier to get to our true goal. AZ. From there...we gotta hope they can get over that hump.

What I like most about the #1 seed;
- We get to host all our playoff games leading up to the SB. The team plays much better here.
- It's OUR fans that will get to go to a playoff game or two. There's no better feeling.
- The extra week off gives the team healing time. They can use that for sure.
- The extra week gives the team preparation time. That's a biggie with Billy the Brain.
- The Pats will draw the lowest ranked remaining team in the first game. Indy anyone?
- There's a possibility that teams may suffer some injuries in the first round. Not that I'd pull for that to happen, but it's very possible the way teams are flying around in the playoffs.

What I don't like about the #1 seed;
-

I don't understand the concern with Pittsburgh. They have played nine games of their schedule against the NFC South, Jacksonville, the Jets, Tennessee, and the Browns (twice). Not exactly a murderers' row. And, the Pats have always handled them in the playoffs, going back to the Fog Bowl. Unless Tomlin decides to trip every Patriot who ventures near his sideline, Brady and company win going away.

We'll see, Ill be shocked if we aren't held to around 17-21 points at some point in the playoffs. The question is will we be able to win that game.
My question is why you aren't confident that they will win that game. All year this defense has shown that they can and will stop any offense long enough for the offense to score the points it needs. So far there are only two exceptions, and they were both on the road against good/decent teams. Pats play at home up to the bowl. Personally, I have 100% faith in this defense to keep the offense in any game from here on out.

Never be concerned about points in the playoffs, it's about wins. If we get 20 and they get 17 that's good enough for me. The winners will be the teams that give a total team effort for 60 minutes both sides of the ball.

Well yeah, but I'm concerned about points because I'm concerned about wins lol. In most if not all of our playoff losses recently the offense didn't showed up and we lost because of it.

My question is why you aren't confident that they will win that game. All year this defense has shown that they can and will stop any offense long enough for the offense to score the points it needs. So far there are only two exceptions, and they were both on the road against good/decent teams. Pats play at home up to the bowl. Personally, I have 100% faith in this defense to keep the offense in any game from here on out.

Depends who we play on how confident I am. Quite frankly I'm never that confident scoring only 17 or so points in a game. At least this time we have a chance to win a game where our offense doesn't play great tho because as you said we have a pretty good defense now.

Don't know the road yet... lets assume Denver beats Oakland. So Pats & Broncos get byes.

If Cincy wins... they will be 3 and Indy 4. If Pittsburgh wins and Indy wins... I think Indy is 3 and Pittsburgh is 4.

Wild cards... who knows...

I'd rather get Indy in here as the 4 seed for the Divisional round. We can handle them and use the power running game. If we get Pittsburgh in here as the 4 seed, then I don't like that as much.

Seattle should be waiting for whoever emerges from AFC. If by some fluke Dallas, Detroit, or Green Bay squeak through from the NFC, then the road is easier. Would be tough to prevent Seattle from repeating, a real physical challenge.

Just a small correction: Indy is locked into the 4 seed. The winner of Pittsburgh/Cincy will be the 3 seed (and the loser the 5 seed), with the only possible exception being if Cincy wins and Denver loses. Then Denver would become the 3 seed, and Cincy the 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes