PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Patriots Are One Seed, Things Usually Get Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
As 1 seed I think we lost one AFC game, Jets.
And we went 1-2 in the SB, 2 to Giants.

So basically we are good considering NY is not playing? Also BAL who has our other two home losses are not making it trust me.

If we go to the Super Bowl and lay an egg again.......Nice knowin' ya:(

...and do I even need to mention what our rivals would be saying.? Forever!! :mad:

This is a do or die. TB needs this, BB needs this. GOAT.

WE NEED THIS!!!!

No options

WIN!!!

Gird-Up-Your-Loins-2.jpg

For some reason we struggle to put up points in the post season/super bowl.

With the prolific offences and subpar defences we've had the last little while you would think we'd be playing a 31-28 type of game but they been like 17-14 types of games (in the super bowls at least).

McDaniels hasn't proved he can call a great game when it matters most so I hope this is the year he finally does.

The one seed has nothing to do with how the team plays in the super bowl. It only helps us get there.

For some reason we struggle to put up points in the post season/super bowl.

With the prolific offences and subpar defences we've had the last little while you would think we'd be playing a 31-28 type of game but they been like 17-14 types of games (in the super bowls at least).

McDaniels hasn't proved he can call a great game when it matters most so I hope this is the year he finally does.

This post/SB season things will be different. We have better talent in critical places. We are not as injured. Those with injuries have two weeks to heal. We have HFA. And finally we have BB and TFB along with a healthy Gronk and new additions Browner and Revis we have another new addition LaFell, plus Edelman, Amendola, This is the best we have looked in a long time.

We will get it done, we will be proud of our Pats.

There are some tough teams on the other side like Seattle and GB. But ask them what they think and they will say the other side has a tough team the NE Patriots.

Go Pats

Remember how you felt after the first 3 games? How do you feel now after 16 games? In BB we Trust along with TFB.

So, basically the point of this lengthy article (this guy George consistently uses 1,000 words to say what he could say in 250 words...does he get paid by the word?) is that the Pats go to the SB 75% of the time that they're seeded #1, but lose the big game 67% of the time under those circumstances.

Despite all of those words, George completely ignores the question that, since the Pats have won 100% of the SB games they played after not being seeded #1, maybe having to win a tough road game (Pittsburgh anybody?) to get to the big game is better preparation for the game itself, at least for TB/BB teams, than sitting home for a month.

Years with the number one seed (2001-2013):

1 SB championship 2003
2 SB losses 2007, 2011
1 divisional loss 2010

SB winning percentage 1/4, or 25%

Years without:

2 SB championships 2001, 2004
3 AFCCG losses 2006, 2012, 2013
1 divisional loss 2005
1 wild card loss 2009
2 years out of the playoffs 2002, 2008

SB winning percentage 2/9, or 22.2%

I like the number one seed chances better. But it's not a blowout.

Years with the number one seed (2001-2013):

1 SB championship 2003
2 SB losses 2007, 2011
1 divisional loss 2010

SB winning percentage 1/4, or 25%

Years without:

2 SB championships 2001, 2004
3 AFCCG losses 2006, 2012, 2013
1 divisional loss 2005
1 wild card loss 2009
2 years out of the playoffs 2002, 2008

SB winning percentage 2/9, or 22.2%

I like the number one seed chances better. But it's not a blowout.

The critical number is actually 75%, as in 3 out of 4 times they had the #1 seed, they won the AFC.

This is going to be a most difficult road with games against excellent AFC teams and likely Seattle in the SB. If won this will be well earned. Toughest road since 2001.

This is going to be a most difficult road with games against excellent AFC teams and likely Seattle in the SB. If won this will be well earned. Toughest road since 2001.
I disagree, I don't think AFC is much of a threat aside from Pittsburgh and Baltimore (they might not even make it). I think we would blow out Denver unless our o-line ****s the bed.

I actually feel more confident about us beating anyone this year than I ever did. For once we are going into the playoffs relatively healthy.

our main receivers are all healthy: Gronkowski, Edelman, Lafell

and not to mention, our defense is the best it has been in years and is getting healthy at the right time. This year has shown me that the patriots can win games in more than one way. and can win games when brady doesnt play perfect because of their defense/special teams.

we will see the true value of this defense in the playoffs when the refs put their whistles away and let us play agressive.

I disagree, I don't think AFC is much of a threat aside from Pittsburgh and Baltimore (they might not even make it). I think we would blow out Denver unless our o-line ****s the bed.

Pitt worries me as does Denver potentially. Veteran QBs, running games are working and credible receiving threats.

This is the easiest AFC NE will have to face as the #1 seed, by a healthy margin. Maybe 2011 comes close. If NE loses before the SB it will be entirely on them.

Don't know the road yet... lets assume Denver beats Oakland. So Pats & Broncos get byes.

If Cincy wins... they will be 3 and Indy 4. If Pittsburgh wins and Indy wins... I think Indy is 3 and Pittsburgh is 4.

Wild cards... who knows...

I'd rather get Indy in here as the 4 seed for the Divisional round. We can handle them and use the power running game. If we get Pittsburgh in here as the 4 seed, then I don't like that as much.

Seattle should be waiting for whoever emerges from AFC. If by some fluke Dallas, Detroit, or Green Bay squeak through from the NFC, then the road is easier. Would be tough to prevent Seattle from repeating, a real physical challenge.

This post/SB season things will be different. We have better talent in critical places. We are not as injured. Those with injuries have two weeks to heal. We have HFA. And finally we have BB and TFB along with a healthy Gronk and new additions Browner and Revis we have another new addition LaFell, plus Edelman, Amendola, This is the best we have looked in a long time.

We will get it done, we will be proud of our Pats.

There are some tough teams on the other side like Seattle and GB. But ask them what they think and they will say the other side has a tough team the NE Patriots.

Go Pats

We'll see, Ill be shocked if we aren't held to around 17-21 points at some point in the playoffs. The question is will we be able to win that game.

Best defense we had since 07 we will be in the Superbowl winning it not entirely sure yet. NFC looks strong again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down