PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When is Vollmer going to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Seriously, our oline looks like a frickin turn style. Is there any chance Vollmer will start this year? If the Browns got to Brady last night, imagine what the giants are going to do - even there backup lineman are good. not only that, the skins have a good defense too.

Seriously, our oline looks like a frickin turn style. Is there any chance Vollmer will start this year? If the Browns got to Brady last night, imagine what the giants are going to do - even there backup lineman are good. not only that, the skins have a good defense too.

Vollmer looked a lot worse than any of the starters, and he was playing against the second string.

The issues the first string had were the protection calls.

Vollmer looked a lot worse than any of the starters, and he was playing against the second string.

Not to mention if the BROWNS were getting to Brady last night from another City, we're REALLY screwed!

Not to mention if the BROWNS were getting to Brady last night from another City, we're REALLY screwed!

lol browns, bengals. same difference.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure that Vollmer is going to solve any of the O-Line's problems. He looked pretty bad last night against the second stringers. They can get the pass protection down, however I want to see clear evidence that the run blocking is better. The RBs still didn't have an awful lot of holes to run through last night.

Last edited:
I broke down one series with Vollmer in the game so far, he had one good run block, he was beaten on inside counter-moves twice on pass plays, he had a couple so-so run blocks that barely managed to get the job done. I haven't broken down Light or Kaczur yet, but I doubt they did that much worse.

I think people on this board SEVERELY underestimate the influence scheming and gameplanning has on pass protection. We looked very vanilla in our pass pro last night, and I can't believe the overreacting on this board.

Say it with me now...PRE...SEASON

I think people on this board SEVERELY underestimate the influence scheming and gameplanning has on pass protection. We looked very vanilla in our pass pro last night, and I can't believe the overreacting on this board.

ahahaha. The only thing I can say to that is "CUT MATT CASSEL!!"

damn it stole my thunder

i guess you're right. no one really game plans during the preseason.

Vollmer is not nearly ready to start. The open question is who will be the Game Day backup at OT. It is not clear that Vollmer is ready for that role, and LeVoir is still injured.

Protection calls is right as BB mentioned after the game. Kaczur's missed block was because he protected inside and thought Fred Taylor had the outside per the call but Taylor went to block the middle which was taken care of. That will be worked out for the regular season, I'm not worried at all.

Protection calls is right as BB mentioned after the game. Kaczur's missed block was because he protected inside and thought Fred Taylor had the outside per the call but Taylor went to block the middle which was taken care of. That will be worked out for the regular season, I'm not worried at all.

Clearly, Maroney, Light, Seymour and Sanders were at fault on the play.

It was a play action pass, so there was no way Taylor could perform the play action and get outside fast enough to block. Also after the play Kaczur went over to Neal to ***** about it, not Taylor. He definitly had a mental breakdown

Last edited:
It was a play action pass, so there was no way Taylor could perform the play action and get outside fast enough to block. Also after the play Kaczur went over to Neal to ***** about it, not Taylor. He definitly had a mental breakdown

Per Reiss:
Blog comments to the forefront - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

From Andy M: Nick Kaczur seems to have mental breakdowns a lot, but BB obviously loves the guy. I'm praying that Sebastian Vollmer does well enough to take over for him this season. He looked decent this game.
Bill Belichick’s comments after the game made me think that Brady’s sack wasn’t just on Kaczur. A big part of the Patriots’ offense is setting the protections at the line of scrimmage – that’s something Brady does very well – and there was a mix-up somewhere on that play. Watching it over again, it looks like running back Fred Taylor went to block up the middle, but everyone was accounted for, so I’m wondering if he should have been blocking to the outside right, chipping Robert Geathers to help Kaczur. That actually might fall on Brady based on his pre-snap read. It could be on Taylor, too. As for Vollmer, I thought he struggled at times, missing a block on a receiver screen, picking up a declined holding penalty in the second quarter, and I believe he lined up improperly (off the line of scrimmage) in the fourth quarter which led to a fourth-quarter illegal formation penalty.

Q: When is Vollmer going to start?

A: Not before Will Beatty does.

Q: When is Vollmer going to start?

A: Not before Will Beatty does.

Like I said, you should totally submit your resume to the FO. Your combination of draft prescience and MMQB skills are unparalleled.

Last edited:

Last edited:
i guess you're right. no one really game plans during the preseason.

Do you think Chad is kicking off and kicking Extra Points in a regular season game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down