PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Is The 1st Conveivable Season We Have Division Competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I mean seriously, Brady is still young by QB terms and could be at the top of his game for almost 10 more years. In the era of free agency we can keep replenishing our talent in the offseason w/o relying on the draft. Just look how we upgraded our WRs w/ vets Moss, Welker and Stallworth.

Consider the competition:
#2 Bills 7 & 9: 2nd 7 & 9 season in a row. could be looking at further turmoil w/ resignation of GM marv levy.
#3 Jets 4 & 12: the car is stuck in reverse as their "genius" coach was exposed as a total fraud.
#4 Miami 1 & 15: Tuna or no Tuna, this team stinks. have more holes than swiss cheese.

As long as Kraft is owner, Bellichek is coach and Brady is QB I don't see how we have any serious divisional threat. Which means we are all but gauranteed a playoff spot for several years, all but guaranteeing a shot at the Super Bowl for several years.

I think Parcells will shake things up pretty well down in Miami - I give them about two years before they're contenders.

When Brady retires...(no joke)

When Brady retires...(no joke)

I love that answer and agree. If Brady continues to evolve and continues to play the leader role he's playing? I'd agree that things are going to be very good for the Pats til Brady retires.

We all see what Favre is doing, who is 8 years Brady's senior and having one of his best seasons yet.

Also let's not forget this pre-season Brady said he wants to play as long as he can, even compared the amount of time he wants to be in the NFL to Vinny T's length.

The Bills will be the best challenge in the AFC East next year. Edwards is much smarter than JP, Lynch and Jackson are a great pair of RBs and Poz/Whitner/McCargo are some good young defenders.

I really like the way the Bills are shaping up and in a couple of years I think they could challenge for the division title.

I think Parcells will shake things up pretty well down in Miami - I give them about two years before they're contenders.
It's going to take old Bill a little longer then two years to turn around the Fish with a aging defense a rather pathetic offense. If Parcells stays long enough then it will get much better but it's going to take some time. I think that Dolphins team is in even worse shape then the Patriots team the Parcells rebuilt in 1993

It is absolutely conceivable that we could have competition in 2008.

I think it is likely (>50% chance) that we experience genuine competition (we still haven't clinched with two games to go) before the end of the 2010 season.

It is absolutely conceivable that we could have competition in 2008.

I think it is likely (>50% chance) that we experience genuine competition (we still haven't clinched with two games to go) before the end of the 2010 season.

Looking at how fast the Pats turned around under BB, I don't see how anybody can rule out at least one of three other teams being good soon.

Looking at how fast the Pats turned around under BB, I don't see how anybody can rule out at least one of three other teams being good soon.

dude, they have a combined 12 wins among them. thats a 25% winning percentage out of 48 games played.

To be honest I say earliest is maybe 2 years. the Pats are tto strong on the lines which is huge to me. I like what buffalo is doing a lot up there. I see the bills in maybe 2 and the Jets in possible 3.

Last edited:
To be honest I say earliest is maybe 2 years. the Pats are tto strong on the lines which is huge to me. I like what buffalo is doing a lot up there. I see the bills in maybe 2 and the Jets in possible 3.

for giggles, here's my best guess at an all-star team of the 3 AFC East teams other than Pats:

Offense
QB - trent edwards
RB - thomas jones
WRs - evans, cotchery, coles
TE - baker
Oline - all Bills except mangold @ center & Rex Hadnot @ guard

Defense
LBs - crowell, harris, z thomas
DEs - taylor, schoebel
DBs - reavis, mcgee
DTs - robertson, traylor
SS - whitner
FS - rhodes

KR - Parrish
Kicker - Nugent
Punter - Moorman

i think it's a decent team, but i still see Pats getting the win, mostly because of having Brady @ QB. otherwise i think the talent balance is in favor of the "all-stars", but not by a lot. which again leads me to believe we own this division for a long time

Last edited:
^^^lol nice avy, Your list loooks about right if you just take that POS Robertson out for anyone. The other QB's in the AFC East are so weak right now. Unless : a) The trio of Clemens, beck or Edwards develops rapidly b) a good veteran comes in c) Brady gets hurt, the Pats should win this division pretty much guaranteed for the next 2 or 3 yrs

Last edited:
^^^lol nice avy, The other QB's in the AFC East are so weak right now. Unless : a) The trio of Clemens, beck or Edwards develops rapidly b) a good veteran comes in c) Brady gets hurt, the Pats should win this division pretty much guaranteed for the next 2 or 3 yrs

i think our WRs are better than the all-stars, including TE. since their offensive line is essentially the Bills, i like our o-line better too. the only position that we're weaker on offense is RB, but its not a big difference between thomas jones and maroney.

on defense its more of a fair fight because i see the all stars putting a lot of heat on the QB with taylor and schoebel. theyre not too strong at the DT position but I still see them stopping the run w/ zack thomas in the middle, and crowell and harris on the outside. their special teams is probably better than ours too.

this really shows just how awesome our offense is and that its the engine of this team.

Last edited:
this really shows just how awesome our offense is and that its the engine of this team.

When you have one of the greatest teams of all time, I think you have to start forming an all star team of the conference before you look at division

When you have one of the greatest teams of all time, I think you have to start forming an all star team of the conference before you look at division

much as i love my pats, i think when you start adding manning, LT, ray lewis, tony gonzalez, marvin harrison, dwight freeney, bob sanders, alan faneca, james farrior, ocho cinco, haynesworth, champ bailey and others ... we lose, and lose big.

Last edited:
i see BUF a good team next year; MIA (imho) will need 2-3 years at best

but the Pats (till Brady will not retire...) will be the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes