PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't his 4 game suspension up?

...and the next set of questions are:

How is his knee?
How far behind is he in the offense?
How is his conditioning?

The answers to those questions will determine if he sees time and how much after the MIA game.

...and the next set of questions are:

How is his knee?

obviously not bad enough to go on IR.
now, unless they knew a 4 game suspension was coming and decided to keep him roster exempt until the suspension was over and then put him on IR.

Hope he's back and effective for the Houston game.
If he can be full strength for HOU/SF and the playoffs that's all that matters.

Assuming he wasn't banged up too bad, I don't see any reason why he won't be in shape. It was a suspension, not an injury. I'm sure he kept working out off the field.

I wonder how they'll use him when he returns, or just bury him in the depth chart.

Before his injury, he was on pace to become the 1a/1b RB with Ridley.

week 4 @ Buffalo: 16 carries
week 5 Denver: 14 carries
week 6 @ Seattle: 6 carries compared to 2 for Ridley before he got injured.

Assuming he wasn't banged up too bad, I don't see any reason why he won't be in shape. It was a suspension, not an injury. I'm sure he kept working out off the field.

I believe that a suspended player isn't allowed to attend practices or workout at the facility.

If so, that means it is all on the player's own discipline. Normally you would say a Pats-type guy, particularly a UDFA who made a strong-deep team on merit would have that kind of self-discipline. BUT........

he didn't have the discipline not to use a banned substance................... so condition could potentially be a problem.

Or he could come back with a 'I'm going to piss on the NFL and rack up a 200 yd game this week' attitude to show he wasn't on roids.

who knows. Fair question.

Tough to say, especially with Vereen stepping up of late.

obviously not bad enough to go on IR.
now, unless they knew a 4 game suspension was coming and decided to keep him roster exempt until the suspension was over and then put him on IR.

Agreed but you never know about knees. If he has an MCL that 6-8 weeks.

It seemed like a pretty serious injury. He was injured in the Seattle game and IIRC at the time of the suspension it had been at least 3 weeks since the injury and he still wasn't practicing(again, IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots