PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When do we sign our veteran JAG CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know Springs and Bodden must be better than O'Neal, Bryant & Starks but even if they aren't HOF players I would feel better with at least one of them on board.

I feel like an outsider when ever I hear this term?

What's a JAG? What does it stand for? jag-off? Are some of you from Chicago?

Sometimes we forget that making fans feel better is not necessarily a high priority for the team.

I have no doubt that we will sign our normal 3-4 free agent defensive backs. I would expect one within a week. My guess is that Lew Sanders will be re-signed within that time frame. We can certainly hope for another. We've already signed James Sanders.

100% hindsight is great but I would note that O'Neal, Bryant and Starks were all brought in to be starters or to be nickel at least. While we may have the same expectation of a defensive back we might sign, Belichick may be hoping that Hobbs, Wheatley and Wilhite are the starters and nickel for 2009.

I know Springs and Bodden must be better than O'Neal, Bryant & Starks but even if they aren't HOF players I would feel better with at least one of them on board.

I feel like an outsider when ever I hear this term?

What's a JAG? What does it stand for? jag-off? Are some of you from Chicago?
JAG = Just Average Guy

Just as soon as the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 million dollar per year

cornerbacks are signed by other teams.

Based on many sources, including Chad Johnson, Bodden is no JAG. He is 27 and with a better team then the lions, he can be a PREMIER cornerback.

Based on many sources, including Chad Johnson, Bodden is no JAG. He is 27 and with a better team then the lions, he can be a PREMIER cornerback.

I agree. In our system, I can see Bodden being a big time baller.

I found a cool tidbit about Bodden.
He went undrafted from

Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit

Just as soon as the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 million dollar per year

cornerbacks are signed by other teams.

Count Andre Goodman among that list. Josh and co. signed him to a 5 year $25 million contract.

I think Bodden will be a Patriot. The visit (per his agent) went well and now it seems like it's just about the $$$.

I want a legit db the deltha o'no's and websters and starks just aren't cutting it in a pass happy NFL anymore.

Bodden has experience in our system and terminology from RAC. He is talented and 6'1" a taller CB we need.
If Sanders is worth $4m and Gooden was just signed for $5m we need to spend a little more or about that to sign this kid.
DW Toys

any word on springs' visit today? did he leave?

Is McFadden still available????????

I think Bodden will be a Patriot. The visit (per his agent) went well and now it seems like it's just about the $$$.

It's always about the money. The most money the Patriots paid

to a veteran cornerback last year was 1 million dollars to Deltha O'Neal

for one year. Bodden is probably asking for 5-7 million dollars per year.

Is McFadden still available????????

Yes, I read that he is close to signing with Detroit or back with the Steelers.

Bryant McFadden

He is interesting to watch, I bet he gets 5 years, $30M+. $10 M Guaranteed

I see him as a league average starter, maybe slightly better than average (same general class as Hobbs). CBs are expensive, every year 1 or 2 should be drafted because they are too expensive to sign through free agency.

I am also guessing that when they do sign a veteran CB it is their last major move before the draft.

If the money is not too crazy, I hope we pick up Bodden. Every year for the past few it seems like our secondary is the weakest part of our team.

I WANT MY JAGS!

Ok, really it is a good time to wait, players are going to get hungier and hungier and the difference between one player and the next is starting to be reduced.

A JAG can be picked up after the draft that will be within the same general production level as a JAG that is available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down