DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR -- For Friday AMs, Jan. 4
COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR -- For Saturday AMs, Jan. 5
MVP -- For Sunday, Jan. 6
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR -- For Tuesday AMs, Jan. 8
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR -- For Wednesday AMs, Jan. 9
ALL-PRO TEAM -- For Thursday AMs, Jan. 10
COACH OF THE YEAR -- For Sunday, Jan. 13

Thanks .... maybe Moss can get Offensive Player of the year also.:D

How about offensive comeback player of the year too?

He won't win comeback player, and rightfully so, since the only thing he "came back" from is having a bad attitude because the team he was on sucked from top to bottom.

It should be Brady - Moss co-MVPs, and Brady - Moss co-offensive player of the year.

Brady is a lock for MVP. WR's seldom get that nod because of the significance of the guy throwing to them.

If Favre gets comeback player of the year it will be a comeback from suckitude award, which is often the case. So why wouldn't Randy be a length ahead of him in that race...he set a single season record when the pundits universally said he'd lost a step. All Brett did was not lose it for his team for a change and pad his career totals in the process.

Bill deserves the COTY award over McCarthy who is the only other legit candidate with an entire season in the books. McCarthy may or may not have played a role in removing Brett's head from his ass, for once, but Bill led his team to the first undefeated regular season in 35 years and the first ever undefeated season since the league went to 16 games. McCarthy won his division and stumbled to the second seed under little pressure beyond hoping for a playoff berth in a weak conference while surviving another potential final Favre season. Bill orchestrated a march into the record books.

My guess is that that Brady and Belichick will both be shut out. No MVP for Brady. No Coach of the Year for Belichick.

I think we underestimate the resentment of the Patriots around the league.

My guess is that that Brady and Belichick will both be shut out. No MVP for Brady. No Coach of the Year for Belichick.

Belichick won't get Coach of the year but Brady will win MVP. There is some resentment but most of it is towards Belichick. Additionally I think the public, by and large, does not understand that sideline taping (whose impact was minimal regardless) had absolutely no impact on this year's record whatsoever so Belichick getting COTY in the same season he was fined for breaking the rules would be seen in a negative light.

All the early sites like CBS, ESPN, FOX, NFL.com etc...have Tom Winning both MVP and Offensive Player of the Year. Moss is not in the running to win any award that I have seen.

Farve will get Comeback Player of the Year, IMHO - I think he should!

they won't shut out brady.

they might shut belichick out because of the fine and rule breaking.

they'll make moss wait a year because of the "attitude" issue from oakland. if he has another lights out year next year, i think they'd approach it differently.

just my opinion.

I think you overestimate it among a select group of AP voters. Peter King is one this year, and the very interesting interview he did on how his thought process has turned around given time and perspective and the season - prior to witnessing a game for the ages on Saturday night - might change enough minds. He said it was between McCarthy and BB, and he was leaning towards BB...even before that game commenced.

Brady is a concensus lock.

McCarthy won about 7 more games than most people expected while Belichick won about 2-3 more games than most peopled thought. Plus the former smiles and isn't down a half million for rule breaking....

I think there is very little question here.

Brady.

Period.

Nothing much else to talk about on this issue.:singing:

Brady is a lock for MVP as he should be. Farve will get Comebacker and while it would be nice to see them give Moss OPOY, they'll probably give it to Brady.

BB should, but likely won't get COY either. Bob Sanders will get DPOY, even though it should go to the face-stomper. :cool:

There are three different groups: fans, "the league" (players and coaches and front office people), and media. I think the resentment is much higher among a small percentage of the fans and of the media than among the league and most of the media and fans. I think most of "the league" is much more envious than resentful, and a lot of the anti-Pats stuff in the media is simply guys searching for a different story angle. And if most of the fans were really so vehemently anti-Patriot the ratings wouldn't be so consistently high.

I think if Belichick wins COY they will pass a Merriman rule for coaches. But he probably won't because in addition to the high expectations going into the season, some voters will self-impose a Merriman rule and vote for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes