PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did you get the sinking feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had that sinking feeling about this game since the Giants won in san fran. I did have a little bit of hope until Welker dropped the ball. The reality hit me hard when the Pats punted and the Giants had the ball. I knew there was no way in hell the pats were going to stop them from getting at least 3 points.

The back to back drops by Welker and Branch after the failed run attempt by BJGE where Polite ran right past Chris Canty instead of blocking him.
I must admit, the Polite assignment stuff up left me hanging my head. I couldn't for the life of me understand how he could engage the wrong lineman and so early.

There were three watershed emotional moments for me in the game:

When Brady drove them down-field to take the lead at the end of the first half, I felt confident that we were going to win.

When Welker dropped the pass (and the more I look at the tape, the more I say he "dropped" it and didn't just fail to make a tough catch), I thought that they had blown an opportunity to put the game away and got worried. But I still thought that the D, which had held the Giants to 15 points all day would step up, become the story of the day and earn the MVP for whoever made a big play as the game wound down.

But, when Manningham made his catch, it was deja vu all over again and I had the same feeling I had with Tyree. "Oh ****, they made the play they had to make." I had a sense of fatalism right out of Greek Tragedy.

Last edited:
kittens.jpg

Sad:confused: Theres only one other team that went further this season. I hear the Gnats have room for one more bandwagon fan:mad:

I don't really blame someone for feeling that...after seeing the Giants freely handed 10 of their 20 points in that game, it was pretty hard not to feel like it about to happen all over again.

But NE still should have won.

1. When I heard BOB was hired by Penn St. on the eve of the AFCCG.

1a. REALLY when I heard Skippy was coming back as
"consultant"/OC-in-waiting, thus destroying all remaining continuity that
BOB had built up during the year.

2. When I saw Giselle sitting the the stands pre-game. I'm sure she's attended
games before, but after all the ridiculous, media-fulled hype about her
'email,' it had shades of Jessica Simpson/Tony Romo written all over it.

There were three watershed emotional moments for me in the game:

When Brady drove them down-field to take the lead at the end of the first half, I felt confident that we were going to win.

When Welker dropped the pass (and the more I look at the tape, the more I say he "dropped" it and didn't just fail to make a tough catch), I thought that they had blown an opportunity to put the game away and got worried. But I still thought that the D, which had held the Giants to 15 points all day would step up, become the story of the day and earn the MVP for whoever made a big play as the game wound down.

But, when Manningham made his catch, it was deja vu all over again and I had the same feeling I had with Tyree. "Oh ****, they made the play they had to make." I had a sense of fatalism right out of Greek Tragedy.

1st Patriots possesion of the game. Safety ---> +2pts to giants. I knew from there, that it is going to be bad...

Also, the stunning catch (and throw by Eli) by Mario was reminents of Tyree catch... Ugh.

Opening pats snap on O. A fricken safety,really!

Welker drop. It pains me to say this because I like to think of myself as an optimist and there was still time left on the clock but that play left me completely dismayed.

I still love ya Wes! Keep yer chin up.

I didn't get the sinking feeling until the Hernandez drop. I thought we had a very good chance to go down the field and put up a TD to win the game.

People keep mentioning this play like it was a big drop but it was actually better he didn't catch it. It was like a 9 yard pass over the middle and he was about to get sandwiched. For me, I sunk half way down on the Welker drop, 3/4 of the way down on the branch/brady misconnect, and all the way down on the manningham catch.

When the giants beat SF.

Ditto, but I quickly was happy for a chance at redemption. The same feeling you get when you double down with your last $100 @ foxwoods. Unfortunately, they came up short, just like I usually do at the tables.

I really felt they were gonna pull it out before the Welker play. One play, one damn play is all they needed but I put the blame on no one person or unit. This team got better and that is all you can ask for.

Whoever said that has jumped on the NYG bandwagon. That team is still the worst team to have ever won a SB.

And this is supposed to be something to flaunt?

I am not sure if you missed the game but here is a tidbit.......The losing team to the worst SB team ever was the Patriots

It's almost like saying that the kid you hate in your class is dating the ugliest girl at the prom while you came to the prom to dance with your sister.

After the Welker catch...was still hoping we can convert the 3rd down.

After our D took the field i knew it was over.

I cursed BOB when he ran the ball while the Giants sent everyone up to the line. I was intensely watching until then, and as soon as I cursed, it all unraveled. One bad play after another.

i knew it was over when gronk didn't come down with that hail mary.

The Manningham catch... I said "Deja vu" very worried and left the room and started pacing around. I knew it was over after the Manningham catch and could only pray for a turn over that never came.

First it was when it was evident we were losing the field position battle and were not able to turn it in our favor if it wasn't for the damn interception which only lasted one drive. Then they won it right back. Third game they destroyed us in field position.

Finally, when we challenged the catch followed by one too many attempts to stop a sure score. The incoming score was obvious at that point and feel the clock was mismanaged.

We were left in a real bad spot with no time outs and only 50 seconds left with a full field to travel needing a touchdown to score.

Third time we got outsmarted by the Giants, including the fake injuries and the defensive penalty to kill the clock even further. We are getting soft.

When the giants beat SF.

Totally agree.

Before the game, they showed the locker rooms, with the Pats just relaxing on chairs shootin' the bull and the Giants jumping around totally energized.

I knew then it was going to be bad, and when they opened the game with the most ridiculous safety I've ever seen, it was all downhill from there.

Even when they were up 17-9 they didn't look like they were in control of the game. I never start to relax with this team until they hit 30 points.
With that defense an 8 point lead is nothing.

They better get some pass defense and commit to a running game like they had with Corey Dillon or Brady will never win another ring.

When Welker dropped it, my first thought was "oh ****, it's Asante 2.0". So that would have to be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back