Replies:
Asking for your support

When Did You Become a Pats Fan?

• Total voters

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Given the interesting reminiscences in another thread I thought it might be off-season fun to poll forum members as to when they became Patriots fans. It would be interesting to know why as well, e.g. Grogan and the '76 Patriots, Parcells signs as HC.

Last edited:
Simply put: the first baseball game I've ever seen in person was the Red Sox v.s. the Yankees at Fenway Park. The first football game I've ever seen was the Patriots v.s. the Jest as Foxboro. To this day, I'm still a huge fan of both teams.

I became a fan as early as I could...

Last year lol ... i drove by the stadium every day and live down the street but watched my full football game last novemeber.since then i have been hooked.

Last year lol ... i drove by the stadium every day and live down the street but watched my full football game last novemeber.since then i have been hooked.

Cool! Right now you could win as the newest fan!

Way back when....1960...! Sometimes I shudder to think how old I am.....:)

1976, no reason other than that I was 8, they were on TV all the time in Connecticut, and we had just moved there from Virginia.

Not sure when, but started off by being a huge Cleveland Browns Fan, Jim Brown and Ernie Green. Loved the matches then, Ray Nitschke, YA Tittle etc. IT was a much different game.

Somewhere along the line discovered the Pats, been with them ever since, the first Superbowls.. were truly enlightening, and even though they are quite different.. it was great.

Right from day one. All my brothers were Giants fans and used to really give
me the business about being a fan for an NFL farm team (and that was the light
stuff). Interesting that now they are all band wagon Pats fans.

Round about 1982. I was nine. :D

The first game I watched was the AFCCG in 1986. I was seven years old. I'd watch off and on after that but there were some blacked out games and a lot of others that should have been. I did not begin watching religiously until the Bledsoe draft.

When Mo Lewis delivered that hit on Bledsoe.

Kidding.

1979 - I just began watching football at age 15 and loved the Patriots uniforms and Grogan to Francis and Morgan were hard to resist-great to watch - ,Actually I was a 3 team fan for that year - The Chiefs,Redskins and Patriots
- Then in 1980 it was all Patriots

I believe that would be 1995 for me. I had been a Browns fan since 1980 as I grew up in Cleveland. My wife was a Patriots fan because she felt sorry for them when McPherson was the coach. So they were my second team. I liked Belichick as the Browns coach, when they moves I needed a team and Bill came here so I became a Patriots fan. And it stuck, thankfully. It's funny to me how things came full circle from being a "BelichickFan" when he was in Cleveland to being forced to pick a new team and having Belichick become it's HC and win three SB.

I became a pats fan after there first superbowl win, as it was the first NFL game I watched, and also they are the closest NFL team to where I live.

Since 1986. My friends and I caught the NFL highlights on TV. A friend had relatives in New England, we liked the uniform and that was that. The first game I saw was against the Rams when Irving Fryar caught a Hail Mary from Tony Eason.

1984. I was 14 and just hitting my stride as a sports junkie. Already a Sox and Celts fan, I was late to football because it wasn't until I was this old to really get the cerebral side of the game. Until then, football was just a glorified version of "kill the kid with the ball".

Regards,
Chris

I was raised this way.

Last edited:
Way back when....1960...! Sometimes I shudder to think how old I am.....:)
Alas, I was still a Giants fan in 1960. But soon afterward I ditched Sam Huff and YA Tittle and switched to the Patriots.

It's hard to remember that I was a Giants fan, and is a bit embarrassing now. Don't tell anyone, okay?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back