PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did you become a Patriot Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
When did everyone in here become a Pats fan?

(I'm trying to prove to my friend that the majority of fans on here are not bandwagoners)

I'm in my early twenties but didn't become a pats fan until right around when they drafted Drew...(age 11 or so)

1995ish, 8 years old

Last edited:
1967...when i was born

1978- Was a big Steve Grogan fan

Pretty much when i was born in 82

I was born in Mass and lived in Methuen.
My Dad had been a huge fan and had season tickets.

I probably went to my first game when i was 4 or 5 and was bored out of my godamn mind and freezing.

Now that i look back on it i think that the majority of the games i went to were against horrible opponents (Aints) or on ridiculously cold days. This was probably the case b/c one of my dad's buddies sat out that game.

I don't remember going without wearing a snowsuit and skimask, but im sure i did.

there were a buttload of fights.

that's all i got for now

Last edited:
1993 OT thriller against Miami. I was 14, living in VA and up until then I had to watch the Redskins by default (no Sunday Ticket back then). I liked the Skins but I wanted a team of my own, not one I "had" to root for. I couldn't stand Marino and the Fins. Bledsoe was an exciting player and tossed the game-winner to Brisby I believe. My dad got Sunday Ticket the next year so I could watch every Pats game - I've been hooked ever since :)

BTW my other favorite team is the Nationals - yeah I'm a bandwagon-jumper!

Last edited:
I am a Patriots fan since 2 years ago :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Watched with my father since I was born in 1971, but really started paying attention and following in 1984

I'm the old fart (75 years old) on the forum. I started following the Patriots

right after they were awarded the franchise in 1959. I've attended games

at all of their various stadiums beginning with Nickerson Field in 1960. I'm

still in a state of shock over their success in recent years.

1997 (12 years old)

1986 or '87, I would have been 13. The Pats were on TV EVERY Sunday. I loved Andre Tippett and Irving Fryar. I still favour the LB's, Bruschi is my fav. today. I also used to love using Hugh Millen in Tecmo Super Bowl games.

This era is nice. I used to watch faithfully every week during the "Patsie" years.

I also started following the Patriots as a fan right after they were awarded the franchise in 1959. (While I was a sophmore playing football in high school.) Damn! I must be an old fart too!?!? :eek:

1995, after the Browns moved (I grew up in Cleveland, sorry).

Fellers,

I started being interested in the Patriots back in '73. I was pretty excited about them getting Jim Plunkett. I had seen him play in College, so I sort of gravitated towards watching him in the pros.

I got stationed up in Maine with the Navy in 77, and the rest is history. And yes, I have a "shrine" loaded down with all sorts of Patriots stuff in the TV room. Drives my wife nuts. Sort of a nice thing, really :rolleyes:

beginning '80 when NFL 'arrived' in Italy (first Super Bowl showed was PHI Eagles - OAK Raiders)

probably i was the only one that took the Patriots as favourite team...

the reason ? i loved the name and the uniforms

from that moment the passion started

Back to '59/'60 when they started.
It's MUCH better to be a 21st century fan.

i think this quest. was asked b4?

since the 86 beat down for me, jesus that is like 21 years ago....

nuts...

1981-82 season (a year spent in New England).

2-14 record, home games blacked out, first pick in the 82 draft -- Ken Sims! Yes! Irresistible! :rolleyes:

Im gonna stop being a fan of this site if one more of these "how long have you been a pats fan" threads comes out!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back