PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did we Pats fans become so fragile? It's pissin me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now we have to have a Globe editorial about a "shattering divorce". ( http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/23/no_more_adam_for_the_fall/ )

Reading/listening /watching the media/fans over the past few days one would get the impression that the franchise folded up and moved to L.A. Grown men crying on TV? And the media both local and national loves it. If this is suffering then we truly have become the "spoiled" (and I'm not using it in a good context)fans that Seymour said we were. Does anyone remember the 1-15 and 2-14 years? The old stadium with the urine everywhere, the puke on your shoes and the 5 fights just in your section every game? The drug allegations after SB XX? Fryar crashing into a tree at halftime? Victor Kiam and Zeke with Lisa Olsen? The Tuna departure? I think everyone needs to read Felger's book about the history BEFORE the good times. I and thousands upon thousands of fans have lived and, mainly, died with this team through all these crappy years. I'm not about to let the departure of a few of the teams franchise players make me cry. The tears are reserved for moments like the Snow Bowl and the winning of Super Bowls and I'm quite confident there will be more moments like these. Here's a message for the satellite trucks in front of the radio stations, the reporters trying to interview the "average fan", and the newspaper editorial boards from Pats fans: We've been through a hell of alot tougher times than this so pack up your pity and we'll see you in the playoffs!

Last edited:
Very very true...most of the chicken littlers lack the perspective...I've talked to a few older fans and they mostly are taking a wait and see attitude and far from panic...if not supporting what was done. WHen you have seen the past close up, one understand exactly what is being fone now...building a real dynasty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes