PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did the TBC got 5 of his sacks in one game myth start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I constantly hear on the radio hosts disqualify TBC's sacks because five came in one game against the Bills. Yes, five of TBC's sacks came vs. the Bills, but it was in two games. I heard Christopher Price spread that myth again on WEEI.

Yes, the fact that half his sacks came vs. the Bills is not a great thing to prove him as a consistent pass rusher, but it isn't like it is because he got half his sacks in a fluke game where he got five.

Oddly that 6 of Asante's ten picks in 2006 came against guys who couldn't retain starting QB positions thereafter was an oft under apprecaited stat in the alternative. What it means is a guy is probably pretty good though not necessarily hypeworthy elite. Mediots feel more comfortable predicting elite play from players hyped as such.

Who knows? I actually heard someone say the Pats' defense is "too old" the other day.

I hate stupid stats like this.

Tully was one of our best defensive players last year and without a doubt our best pass rusher. He did a good job and had a good year. That's all that really needs to be said.

Also, I'm sure if you broke down every double digit sacker in the NFL, they'd have a lot of their sacks against worse teams. It's not just Banta-Cain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes