PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did "Class" become a stat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcpats70

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
You know, I've been watching ESPN, reading all the popular sites. I'm sickened by the fact that, in the NFL of all places, everyone is whining about the Pats being "Classless" and "Running up the Score"

When did the NFL become a bastion of wussiness? Ever since that whiny little sally Tomlinson brought up "Class" after the playoff game last year, it's been a standby to point it (or a lack thereof) out after EVERY game. I never thought I'd live to see the day when PLAYERS on losing teams whine about the score being "run up".

I've had it...why isn't this an outrage? Why aren't cats and dogs hanging out in the streets right now?

If you don't like having your ass handed to you, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

That said, Pats by 3+ TD's this weekend in Indy. I don't think the league has any idea what they are dealing with, even after 8 games.

If the Chargers had won that game last year, they would have celebrated by doing Brady's Touchdown dance...err... I mean Welkers reception dance....uh...um...never mind.

No one will talk about class if NE loses a game. Until then, it's all they have.

It's sour grapes. That is all.

If you were to measure us in intangibles, we would get a 5 out of 10. :p

"I think Tommy had a pretty good game, you know, he did some things, some things he's been working on this week. You know, the little things like when he's got Moss running a deep post and Welker open underneath, the little things like an "excuse me" when he's moving the pocket. We know we're not perfect, and there are things we have to work on, and we're working on them. We're working hard to be classy enough to be allowed to enjoy a win, if we're fortunate enough to get a win, and right now we're working on, you know, working to match Indy's level of class, a team that's playing at a high level of class, and they have for a lot of years. You know, you look for guys that can show a lot of different kinds of class, and any time you have a lot of veterans that can do a lot of different class things, you try to do those things, and hopefully come out with a win..."

Nah, football's better.

PFnV

If we contintue to run up the score we'll continue to hear these debates. Unfortunately, very few are talking about our impressive win. All I'm hearing is how we're classless and that we've become the most hated team in the league.

You know, I've been watching ESPN, reading all the popular sites. I'm sickened by the fact that, in the NFL of all places, everyone is whining about the Pats being "Classless" and "Running up the Score"

When did the NFL become a bastion of wussiness? Ever since that whiny little sally Tomlinson brought up "Class" after the playoff game last year, it's been a standby to point it (or a lack thereof) out after EVERY game. I never thought I'd live to see the day when PLAYERS on losing teams whine about the score being "run up".

I've had it...why isn't this an outrage? Why aren't cats and dogs hanging out in the streets right now?

If you don't like having your ass handed to you, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

AMEN!
This is ridiculous. They are paid to win a game -- not make the other team feel fuzzy about their skills. If the Redskins are so concerned about how the game went, how about they spend some more time on the field practicing. It is amazing how these professional athletes -- you know the ones actually PAID to throw a pig skin -- go to the locker room and cry like a bunch of sallies because they were beat -- give me a break. What are the Patriots supposed to do, sit down on the sideline and let the other team run around with the ball so the Redskins dont need to go to therapy on Monday about their self esteem. I am so sick of these babies. Grow up. (this is actually Wretch's wife wound up about these stupid babies)

If we contintue to run up the score we'll continue to hear these debates. Unfortunately, very few are talking about our impressive win

But isn't that the irony? "Running up the score" is just the grouchy synonym for "Impressive win"!

The "classless" Patriots don't rack up points on PFT's turd watch. They don't belittle opponents in the media. They don't publicly criticize their own coaches. They don't fight their teammates on the sidelines. What they stand accused of is:

- Playing hard on every play;
- Outplaying their opponents.

The 2007 New England Patriots: Guilty of being too good. For crying out loud.

It's definitely sour grapes. But if the tables were turned at least half of you would be crying about running up the score.

It's definitely sour grapes. But if the tables were turned at least half of you would be crying about running up the score.

You didn't follow the Pats in the early 90's, did you?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye