PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Brady and Belichick are retired, and the NFL HOF comes calling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jercules

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I'm just loving the idea of them telling Canton to piss off... how legitimate is a HOF if it doesn't have two of the objectively greatest participants the sport has ever had?

I could see Brady not doing it because he's got a media presence to consider, and I could see Bill not doing it because he has such respect for the game... then again, I could definitely see both of them doing it, especially if Goodell is still commish. Thoughts?

The NFL hall of fame is a joke anyway. The league insists on electing 6 players a year, without regard to thier credentials.

I hope TB and BB tell the NFL to F off when they are elected to the Hall.

Nah. The things that may just work is when the chatter starts on Goody. By that time, if things can be changed people will realize just how big of a fraud he was. Keeping his corrupt, clown show a** out of the HOF is a far better alternative.

On the contrary, on induction day I'd love to see each of them rip Goodell a new orifice, as he smugly sits there in the crowd.
By the time both are eligible, I would hope the ****head currently sitting in the chair would have been booted to the curb for his many and varied **** ups. More importantly, I would hope the FBI has investigated the NFL and Goodell occupies his rightful place in prison for being the lying, corrupt bastard he is.

I think they should accept their induction into the Hall Of Fame, give a nice speech and end it with a strongly worded message for Goodell about the ******** smear-job he put on them - finished with double middle fingers and a "**** You".

Agree. The game is bigger than Goodell and the jets who will be forgotten while these two will be football legends forever.

Yeah, turning down the gold standard for why you got into the game to begin with seems like a very silly choice, and it would do absolutely nothing to make Roger Goodell care one way or the other. How does this option get back at Goodell? The committee would simply choose 2 other people.

Yeah, turning down the gold standard for why you got into the game to begin with seems like a very silly choice, and it would do absolutely nothing to make Roger Goodell care one way or the other. How does this option get back at Goodell? The committee would simply choose 2 other people.

I'd argue Belichick is the GOAT, and Brady is the GOAT, and at this point the HOF needs them far more than they need it. Especially since Belichick is so famously surly about these sort of 'pomp and circumstance'-type things, I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to shove it and in doing so, forever destroy whatever legitimacy the HOF once had.

I'd argue Belichick is the GOAT, and Brady is the GOAT, and at this point the HOF needs them far more than they need it. Especially since Belichick is so famously surly about these sort of 'pomp and circumstance'-type things, I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to shove it and in doing so, forever destroy whatever legitimacy the HOF once had.

I get where you're coming from, but I just respectfully disagree, that's all. The yearly coaches photo is one thing. The highest achievement in the sport something altogether different, particularly when his election would come with a 5 year cooling down period.

Everyone knows that BB is the gold standard of coaching, hard to imagine anyone replicating what he has done here.. what is it 15 winnings seasons in the post salary cap era??

Bill will accept it, but there will be a effort to discredit him by the NFL operatives who really do not want him to get that jacket .. when he makes his speech he will be gracious and tell the audience anecdotal stories we have never heard. Maybe some obscure story about Ted Marchibroda or his dad when coaching Navy, throw in a dose of Roger Staubach or even LT or other hero of bygone days..

Canton is the crowning achievement for anyone in the NFL, no reason to not accept it. What would that prove?? If anything it would play into the hands of his detractors..

Last edited:
BB will need to negotiate where his bust will be positioned in the HOF. Park Avenue influences will push to have the BB exhibit near the ladies room by the janitors closet, surrounded by JESTs.

I have a better dea, Brady and Belichick should light themselves on fire as a protest.

Even better, the whole team should light themselves on fire as the first play against Arizona.........

I have a better dea, Brady and Belichick should light themselves on fire as a protest.

Even better, the whole team should light themselves on fire as the first play against Arizona.........

Self immolation is always a really great answer;);)

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame and is independent of the NFL. They should absolutely accept their enshrinement, but they should also insist that Fraudger not have any part in their enshrinement ceremony.

Especially since Belichick is so famously surly about these sort of 'pomp and circumstance'-type things, I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to shove it and in doing so, forever destroy whatever legitimacy the HOF once had.

No way that happens. BB is a football historian and has a great deal of respect for the Hall and football history. There's no way he would refuse induction or give some kind of grunting acceptance speech (akin to one of his press conferences) if/when he gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes