PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When are AFC Champ tickets going on sale for waitlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate endzone seats, no depth perception, cannot tell if a guy ran 10 yards or 3

Sit in the 300s with a concrete wall to your back, and you find a new appreciation of 100 level endzone seats...

While I disagree with giving STH the option of purchasing 4 more tickets for a total of 8, lets be real it is a good business move. You keep the STH very happy and they are the core fan base for $ revenue. And two, you keep the people on the wait list saying "damn! I can't wait to get my ST so I can have that opportunity in a few years". So of course we stay on the wait list longer. Right.

Now taking 4 extra for stub hub should get you yanked off the STH list as it blatently violates the ST policy. This way truly honest people can move up the list and get their ST.

Here's hoping for the ticket exchange and the weather to be crummy to get the fair weather fans out of their seats.

It's a clear violation, but there is no way to police it. Stubhub isn't going to turn over it's records easily (as there have been court cases about that), and it doesn't tell you the exact seats until you make a purchase. The only way people usually lose tickets is by selling it to some drunks that get thrown out of

Just got my tickets from stub hub....they mailed the ticket fast ones on this security plus paper...paper that if you copy...has void written on it..you can see the void through the paper...seems like a smart idea

watermark the whole 9 yards

Thought i was going to get the tickets with the picture on them..oh well

Last edited:
There is a fairly simple solution. Patriots buy any tickets listed back from these non-exchange sites. They could work out a deal on pricing. The price they might pay at first would be big, however once it becomes known that is a policy it would quickly suppress it. I mean who would list them if as soon as they were listed, the Pats bought them, and then kicked you off ST list. Any bought tickets could then be listed on the exchange as they're supposed to be. Just a thought. 3 more years and I won't care, but it would be nice to see them police if more.

There is a fairly simple solution. Patriots buy any tickets listed back from these non-exchange sites. They could work out a deal on pricing. The price they might pay at first would be big, however once it becomes known that is a policy it would quickly suppress it. I mean who would list them if as soon as they were listed, the Pats bought them, and then kicked you off ST list. Any bought tickets could then be listed on the exchange as they're supposed to be. Just a thought. 3 more years and I won't care, but it would be nice to see them police if more.

I thought the Pats lost on the Stubhub suit. Didn't the NFL make them a partner or something, so the Pats had to back off?

I thought the Pats lost on the Stubhub suit. Didn't the NFL make them a partner or something, so the Pats had to back off?

yeah..pats lost that one...stub hub said they were trying to practice in unfair trade and monopolization of the market ect

Just to let you guys know...stubhub prices have gone down

Kinda wish i waited to buy...would have saved $50..oh well

Just to let you guys know...stubhub prices have gone down

Kinda wish i waited to buy...would have saved $50..oh well

I plan to wait until Saturday for some instant download tickets and see how cheap i can get. There must be some sellers in desperation by then.

There is no way to stop or police stubhub, its a free market. Oh, and fun fact, a TON of tickets on stubhub are there before any sales or season ticket holders get there tickets. "But uncle Darrone, how did they get those ticket?" I'll tell you little Timmy, they get them because they are friends of the organization, they are agents, and suppliers, and marketing firms. They are people the Patriots don't want to openly "bust" because they spend their time carefully looking the other way.

I plan to wait until Saturday for some instant download tickets and see how cheap i can get. There must be some sellers in desperation by then.

There is no way to stop or police stubhub, its a free market. Oh, and fun fact, a TON of tickets on stubhub are there before any sales or season ticket holders get there tickets. "But uncle Darrone, how did they get those ticket?" I'll tell you little Timmy, they get them because they are friends of the organization, they are agents, and suppliers, and marketing firms. They are people the Patriots don't want to openly "bust" because they spend their time carefully looking the other way.

I also plan on waiting until then. Maybe there will be some activity on TicketExchange that I can try my luck with towards the end of the week. The stubhub thing is annoying. I know a family friend who makes a good living on his season tickets to 26 NFL Teams as a ticket broker. I will use him as a last resort, but I try not to support his greed.

Yeah you guys will get good deal on there for sat night or even fri night

Save more $$ than me but i am an impulse buying..you should see me bet at foxwoods..like an idiot haha

How often you guys use stubhub?

This will be my 6th time

3 pats games
Jets game in NY
Celtics game 3 Finals tickets in 08
Celtics vs Knicks 1st home playoff game last year

Last edited:
How often you guys use stubhub?

I've bought and sold on there many many times, never sold any pats tickets though. I've had a few concerts I wanted to go to and then plans change. It used to be much cheaper, but they have really cranked up the fees. Once upon a time it was 15% of the sale from the seller. Now its 15% from the seller, 10% from the buyer, and 4.95 to DOWNLOAD the tickets, or 15 bucks to fedex them. Thats a ton of fees.

I have only used stubhub once to sell concert tickets, but purchased a few sporting event tickets on there. Those stubhub fees are why you can usually get tickets much cheaper on ebay. If you read through the descriptions, some sellers even email the tickets to you. You just have to invest more time bidding on the tickets you want.

I've bought and sold on there many many times, never sold any pats tickets though. I've had a few concerts I wanted to go to and then plans change. It used to be much cheaper, but they have really cranked up the fees. Once upon a time it was 15% of the sale from the seller. Now its 15% from the seller, 10% from the buyer, and 4.95 to DOWNLOAD the tickets, or 15 bucks to fedex them. Thats a ton of fees.

Fees were pretty bad...... plus....

I had no option for electronic. So i had to pay $18 for FedEx overnight..but guess what? They are E tickets. Same as the print outs..only different is the seller put it on copy proof paper which is pretty smart..ugh

Wasted an extra $14 on E tickets to have them shipped..oh well

I have always had good luck with stubhub. Ebay i had an issue 4 years ago with pats tixs..kinda why i stay away from them now for tickets

Last edited:
I'm looking at $175 for upper level near the endzone. It's rough waiting, I want to pull the trigger everytime they get lower.

Should I even bother getting my "lottery ticket" for the public sale? They will probably release like 25 tickets.

no luck here. waste of time. anyone get anything?

Nope - nothing. Figured though. On to the back up plans.

Last edited:

If you actually compare the seats available to any event on stubhub vs. other "traditional ticket brokers," you'll discover they're 99% the same. Stubhub presents itself as a p2p ticket exchange for marketing purposes, but really it's just another broker.

If you actually compare the seats available to any event on stubhub vs. other "traditional ticket brokers," you'll discover they're 99% the same. Stubhub presents itself as a p2p ticket exchange for marketing purposes, but really it's just another broker.

Stubhub doesn't actually own those tickets, those are brokers reselling them. They are all the same, because sites like ticketcrush, and other broker networks list on all the sites. Trust me, stubhub is not selling you tickets they own. Brokers are everywhere, and they have scripts and tools that allow them to post tickets on multiple sites. Brokers are just taking advantage of how the system is setup.

They did lose that suit. But it doesn't mean that they have to back off on their own policing. It's quite common practice to for some pharmaceutical companies to give a unique bar code to an item that links it to the original purchaser. Then if the product is supposed to be only sold via one rout, and is appearing in large volumes in other avenues, they buy it, scan it and black list the person that originally purchased. It keeps the integrity of the company and product safe. The pats could easily do the same. They won't, but they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back