PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When and How will fans learn about Branch's decision???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
4 PM Friday Sept 1st has passed....
When and how do you think everyone will find out about Branch???
It's obvious if he shows up at Gillette or the Patriots announce a trade or an extension...but if anyone of those happen, will it be late Friday or Saturday??
And I am wondering about what if none of the obvious signs are there?? And the Patriots do not tip their hand by going after a vet receiver or??? Just wondering of the possibilities...and thoughts on this. Will something leak out to a writer?? Will it be a totally closed situation with everyone guessing??

He comes back..plays...they make a deal..everyone's happy...see Seymour, Richard

Joker said:
He comes back..plays...they make a deal..everyone's happy...see Seymour, Richard
Deja vu....It didn't happen?? I don't recall Seymour';s agent not counteriong an offer, or yapping about how the Patriots exploited him or????? Nice idea and I HOPE it will happen, but unreasonableness is running rampant.

Friday night at 5PM the Pats issue a press release....

Pats726 said:
4 PM Friday Sept 1st has passed....
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

(((points to todays date)))

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Don't expect anything magical to happen on Friday. Real negotiations, if they resume, will happen after that date.

R

I know how I'll find out - patsfans.com or ESPNews.

4:01 PM
BB calls his buddies Borges & Felgie in and gives them an insider scoop personal view of everything that transpired.

4:02 PM
Pigs fly

Thank God there's no Will McDonough-like source breaking the story now instead of the team having a press release on Friday afternoon.

I hated the fact that we knew Parcells was going to leave before the Super Bowl. At least the team will tell us the bad (hopefully good) news and we won't have to hear it from some slimy reporter first. Unless Chayut decides to open his big mouth to Globe tomorrow morning.

SeanBruschi54 said:
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

(((points to todays date)))

Thursday, August 31, 2006

dude, he was saying 'ok - suppose it's this date and time' - get it?

I think a deal with another team will be announced or it will be reported that Branch is going to report to the team. I think the pats org knows the fans are anxious to know, but don't know how quick the announcement will come.
really all of football is watching this situation, so they're not gonna just ignore the deadline without saying anything following it.

Ichiro said:
Thank God there's no Will McDonough-like source breaking the story now instead of the team having a press release on Friday afternoon.

I hated the fact that we knew Parcells was going to leave before the Super Bowl. At least the team will tell us the bad (hopefully good) news and we won't have to hear it from some slimy reporter first. Unless Chayut decides to open his big mouth to Globe tomorrow morning.

What he said re: Will McD

That prematurely ejaculated story ruined the Pack-Pats SB experience for me as a fan. I don't look at sports the way I look at 'real' news. I look to sports as entertainment, not stress.

I'll never forget watching the Pats emerge from that tunnel onto the SB playing field. The distant look in Parcell's eyes made me remark to my friends, "We've lost. His mind's not on the game."

Flash forward to Feb 2002 and the Pats as a team emerging onto the SuperDome field again. Life is good.

PatsWickedPissah said:
That prematurely ejaculated story ruined the Pack-Pats SB experience for me as a fan. I don't look at sports the way I look at 'real' news. I look to sports as entertainment, not stress.

I'll never forget watching the Pats emerge from that tunnel onto the SB playing field. The distant look in Parcell's eyes made me remark to my friends, "We've lost. His mind's not on the game."

Oh yeah, this a defining moment for me as a Pats fan. I like Parcells, but I will never forgive him for the Super Bowl debacle.
Even if he hated Kraft, doesn't he have any loyalty to the players who worked so hard to get the organization to this game? Does his ego mean more than a Super Bowl win? Even now, it seems like one of the more selfish things a coach could do.
Makes me appreciate BB even more.

PatsWickedPissah said:
What he said re: Will McD

Flash forward to Feb 2002 and the Pats as a team emerging onto the SuperDome field again. Life is good.

Personally, I don't know how any of the players who played in that SB could forgive Parcells for the BS that he pulled that week.. They had to play with one hand tied behind their backs.

I was shocked to see Ty Law hugging him and conversing with him after a game in 03. Adam too. Then recently Willie calling to wish him a happy B-day, and now Belichick is talking to him again.

He must be a real smooth peice of work.

PatsWickedPissah said:
4:01 PM
BB calls his buddies Borges & Felgie in and gives them an insider scoop personal view of everything that transpired.

"4:02 PM
Pigs fly
"

Liar! :)

belichickaholic said:
Personally, I don't know how any of the players who played in that SB could forgive Parcells for the BS that he pulled that week.. They had to play with one hand tied behind their backs.

I was shocked to see Ty Law hugging him and conversing with him after a game in 03. Adam too. Then recently Willie calling to wish him a happy B-day, and now Belichick is talking to him again.

He must be a real smooth peice of work.

Or maybe fans blow everything out of proporttion and none of these guys hate each other the way you wish they did. I don't get this Super Bowl talk. The Patriots outplayed the Packers in that game I thought and lost on a couple of big plays, especially the kick return that totally changed the game. I could see if the Pats didn't play well, then this might make some sense but I thought they actually could have won that game and would have if Howard didn't change the momentum with his big kick return.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Or maybe fans blow everything out of proporttion and none of these guys hate each other the way you wish they did. I don't get this Super Bowl talk. The Patriots outplayed the Packers in that game I thought and lost on a couple of big plays, especially the kick return that totally changed the game. I could see if the Pats didn't play well, then this might make some sense but I thought they actually could have won that game and would have if Howard didn't change the momentum with his big kick return.

What's the matter Ron, sorry you couldn't leak the story?

This had nothing to do with McDonough. If Parcells didn't want him to write it, he wouldn't. They were buddies.

BB and Tuna were never friends, really. They had respect.

Now that they've both proved themselves, I think there is a kind of friendship.

I'm Ron Borges? said:

Time heals all i guess, but if the Pats had played well they would have won. I don't remember the game in great detail as it was just a side show that week. But I do remember Milloy getting beat for a big play at least once maybe twice (very unlawyerlike) and Drew throwing too low to an open receiver in the endzone. (typical) Was it only one kick return or two? Either way, I don't agree with you, they didn't play well.

belichickaholic said:
Time heals all i guess, but if the Pats had played well they would have won. I don't remember the game in great detail as it was just a side show that week. But I do remember Milloy getting beat for a big play at least once maybe twice (very unlawyerlike) and Drew throwing too low to an open receiver in the endzone. (typical) Was it only one kick return or two? Either way, I don't agree with you, they didn't play well.

Yeah, Drew's 4 INTs in a clutch game didn't help either. Having Max "FastPass" Lane as ORT wasn't fun, but that was a self-inflicted wound. Back in those days, Drew lobbied Kraft for big $ contracts to keep his inept OL buddies.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Yeah, Drew's 4 INTs in a clutch game didn't help either. Having Max "FastPass" Lane as ORT wasn't fun, but that was a self-inflicted wound. Back in those days, Drew lobbied Kraft for big $ contracts to keep his inept OL buddies.

Did he really? :rofl: too funny, how many of those guys did Belichick jettison when he got here?

Thank God for Bill Belichick.

Belichick will likely have a press conference tomorrow afternoon so that's the most likely time to hear whether Branch is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back