PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wheatley is out. L. Sanders is doubtful. Guys... who the heck is left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Webster would take Wheatley's spot on the active roster, and then Hobbs / O'Neal will start, which it was it was for awhile anyway. But Wheatley was coming along pretty well.

I guess Webster would take Wheatley's spot on the active roster, and then Hobbs / O'Neal will start, which it was it was for awhile anyway. But Wheatley was coming along pretty well.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Webster. Why doesn't it make me feel better? lol

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Webster. Why doesn't it make me feel better? lol

Because he was cut in TC, hasn't been picked up since until our ROOKIE got hurt. He does nothing for me either.

Doesn't make me feel any better either. Oy.

The same group we played most of the Indy game with. Hobbs, O'Neal, Wilhite. And now Webster. The Bills have one real WR and JAGs, we can get through this game with this group.

There's always Richardson.

Well, what about that guy.... you know, from that team....?

That's pretty much where they are right now, sadly. One more injury and their going to start picking people out of the crowd.

The same group we played most of the Indy game with. Hobbs, O'Neal, Wilhite. And now Webster. The Bills have one real WR and JAGs, we can get through this game with this group.

:agree:

10chas

the reality is the secondary is barely average at best, it has 2 be the #1 priority this offseason.

Where's Hank Poteat?

This would not be a huge issue if we could pressure the QB. The Giants had a horrid secondary last year, and they beat us with pressure. To bad we can't pressure the qb :mad:

I'd hate to throw it out there for fear of ridicule, but maybe we bring back Fernando Bryant? He already has working knowledge of the system, won't command alot of money, and hopefully wouldn't Oley any more tackles like he did in the PS.

Or they could work out some STH's before the game.

This would not be a huge issue if we could pressure the QB. The Giants had a horrid secondary last year, and they beat us with pressure. To bad we can't pressure the qb :mad:
The Giants had talented young players in the secondary. They weren't experienced yet, but Corey Webster and Aaron Ross have been playing very well this year. They're starting.

I think this team CAN pressure the quarterback--they were good at that last year, and the personnel is the same. Not sure what's been going on this year.

the reality is the secondary is barely average at best, it has 2 be the #1 priority this offseason.
Maybe. We've got a lot of young players in this secondary. I think we need to draft a pass rusher (OLB) with our #1 pick if one worthy of that is available, and then with our #2, draft another corner. We should be ok at safety with Meriweather turning into a beast and Sanders fairly reliable. Wheatley looks like he could be another Ellis Hobbs type, but more aggressive. That's not a bad thing at all.

Man it seems like our depth in the secondary has disappeared over night. :(

Webster:confused:

Come on, how much would Ty cost to bring back?

Hobbs, O'Neal, Webster, Wilhite, Richardson, Spann if needed...

It's not a good group, hopefully we'll get Wheatley back, but with the demise of the Colts for now there just aren't a lot of huge passing games out there. The best team in the AFC can't throw at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down