PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wheaties was looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I think the pins are in the right wrist.

DAMN! I hope his injury isn't serious. He had some nice plays!

My extremely uninformed guess based on the replays? Broken wrist...back in 6 weeks.

My extremely uninformed guess based on the replays? Broken wrist...back in 6 weeks.
Mine too the way his wrist was so limp,almost flopping while it was being held by one of the trainers.

looked to me like a broken wrist

The poor guy, the other wrist is fused after breaking it 3 or 4 times.

Are we sure it's not the same wrist? The one with the rod in it?

Positive ... I looked it up. It's the right wrist that had the problems in college. He was dangling his left wrist.

Can we officially start the "Wheaties is a limp wrist" posts since "Maroney Is Made Of Glass" went to IR? :rolleyes:

He was looking pretty good, and was (so it would appear) starting over Wilhite and O'Neal, I hope he comes back quick from this, I'd hate to see him miss good learning time.

Someone made a good point in another thread in that they were holding his wrist and jogging with him to the locker room.

I've never had a broken wrist nor am I any kind of doctor, but I'd think if you had someone broken, you'd probably be walking vs. jogging because it would hurt like hell.

Just trying to be a ****-eyed optimist ...

I have been saying it for the last four years. Our secondary is CURSED. Every damn year the injury bug goes on a war path in our secondary.
Wheatley was looking real good out there too. DAMN! :mad:

Last edited:
Since his right wrist is permanantly injured, he probably put more pressure on his left wrist when he fell and injured it in the process.

Can we officially start the "Wheaties is a limp wrist" posts since "Maroney Is Made Of Glass" went to IR? :rolleyes:

He was looking pretty good, and was (so it would appear) starting over Wilhite and O'Neal, I hope he comes back quick from this, I'd hate to see him miss good learning time.
I never have started nor never will start a thread like "Wheaties has a limp wrist" I leave that to other people and don't read them. ;)

Last edited:
I too was very impressed with his play last night. Hopefully he will be back for playoffs (if they make it).

I broke my wrist. Unfortunately, it looked similar to that.:(

No news on Wheatley almost 2 days later. The Patriots usually aren't shy about IRing guys, maybe there's hope yet . . .

I too was very impressed with his play last night. Hopefully he will be back for playoffs (if they make it).

The problem with him being out until the playoffs is that he wasn't getting much field time as it was when he was healthy. If he is back for the last few games of the season I doubt we'll see him on the field unless there's an emergency.

The problem with him being out until the playoffs is that he wasn't getting much field time as it was when he was healthy. If he is back for the last few games of the season I doubt we'll see him on the field unless there's an emergency.

Our secondary is in a state of perpetual emergency.

You can't even blame Pioli for recruiting fragile smurfs. Chad Scott is a big guy, and he was an unfortunate injury loss too.

I have been saying it for the last four years. Our secondary is CURSED. Every damn year the injury bug goes on a war path in our secondary.
Wheatley was looking real good out there too. DAMN! :mad:

This particular situation is no curse. We just drafted a player who is very injury prone when it comes to his wrists.

He could be kept off IR simply because we dont have enough bodies to replace him....a broken wrist to a DB is more likely to IR him than a lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots