Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's your "Throw the TV out the window" move?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Gator Mike, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator Mike

Gator Mike Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

What move by BB and Pioli would cause you to throw your TV out the window this Saturday? (...assuming it's not a 50" big screen like mine. :) )

For me, I wouldn't understand using a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman... any offensive lineman.

Or have we reached the point where we we'd look at anything they did short of trading Brady for a 3rd round pick and say, "Well, they know more than I do"???
  2. PatDaPatriot

PatDaPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My moment came and went in 2001 when they drafted Richard Seymour over David Terrell. Seriously, they could draft Daniel Sepulveda in the 1st round and I wouldn't complain. They clearly know what they're doing...
  3. chunkypony

chunkypony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Joe Staley or Greg Olsen.
  4. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 9 / -4

I'm still not willing to give the braintrust too much leeway. They've picked some stinkers. Fortunately none in the first round so far.

I would be upset if they traded out of round one and then drafted an
    O-lineman in round 2.
  5. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +124 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

BB and Pioli have washed away my desire to get mad over draft day. I just can't. They aren't perfect by any means but they always seem to be able to mine for gold a little better than the rest. Logan Mankins was the turning point for me. I was bent at first and a little bewildered.I knew they drafted well,but after he turned into gold I just hung my head and said "Yes Sir,you are the boss. Sorry I even questioned your're infinite wisdom on such matters. It won't happen again. Yes I know, you are the one's with the proven track record."
  6. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If Greg Olsen is #24 and Ryan Kalil is #28 I am heading right to New York to give BB a good ol' fashion whipping :bricks: .

Seriously Of course I am acting tough because we know that won't happen (or will it?)
  7. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

I want an exciting Saturday. Getting an O-Lineman will get me frustrated and depressed.
  8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Back in '05, I was watching the draft with a bunch of friends of mine and when the Pats picked LOGAN MANKINS, they all laughed at me. I was really embarresed and mad at the same time. This year, If they have the nerve to take Greg Olsen, that will be it for me. I will be able to live with anything other than TE, K, C, P, QB, and maybe DE in the first round.
  9. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I would only be upset if they left players like S Nelson, S Griffin, CB Houston, ILB David Harris, DE/OLB Anthoney Spencer on the board.
  10. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Robert Meachem - I just don't like him as a prospect
  11. 14thDragon

14thDragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, usually I am pretty happy with the draft, except for last year. I did not like going all offense in the first day. I continue to believe that the back seven of the D needs some assitence.

What would cause a furious rage this year? Ryan Khalil would do it. I am convinced that we are losing Rodney and Tedy come next spring. With that looming if we draft a center when we just gave Koppen an extension, I would go ape****.
  12. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

For me, anything wasteful will make me mad.

If BB sends #28 to Denver for an aging John Lynch, or something crazy like that, I'd be pissed. Sure, we need talent and leadership, but we need youth.

Drafting OL more than once on Day One would make me mad.

And, trading up for someone I dont want, like Ted Ginn for example. That would do it, too.

Trading back is one of the few things that would make almost anything that comes after that okay. Even trading back and taking OG and OT with the first two picks... I'd be willing to reserve judgement.
  13. Iverson

Iverson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My TV isn't going out the window, but if they draft a TE with one of the firsts, I won't be happy.

If they draft two TEs in the first round, I will probably throw myself out the window.
  14. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0

If they did draft an OL in the 1st round one wouldn't rule out that they have a team that wants to trade for one of our proven OL for some value - so one can never judge too quickly

The only thing I'd throw my TV out the window for is if they traded all their draft picks for Ricky Williams, but no respectable team would ever do something so wacky so I guess there's no chance of that happening
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  15. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

unless he can punt 60 + yards consistently with enough hang time for our coverage to get down there and stop the ball at the 1..i wouldnt consider it
  16. CrayzeeNepFan1

CrayzeeNepFan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Any offensive player not named Staley Blaylock, Meachem, Ginn.
    Aaron Ross something I don't like about the guy I don't know what it is maybe because he's old from a rookie standpoint.

Paul P I'm a PA resident and the people around here think his boy jon conner is 10 times better then him.
    Plus at my work I met a guy who's son play's for the Lions and he say;s paul P is a overachiever who may become over his head at the pro level.
    On a side not this guy that I work with directly went to school with Paul P and said he used to smoke weed alot in his middle school days don't know how true it is they just hired this guy a few months ago but he wants his steelers to stear clear of this kid and he knows him!
  17. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ginn, but my new big widescreen hdtv isn't going out the window. The daughter's boyfriend, yes, but not the tv!

Realistically, If they take an offensive player in the first round, I'll be verrry dissapointed.
  18. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

I'm with you -- but I'll make sure it's on the first floor! :rocker:
  19. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There I differ. I'm thinkin' rentin' a 4th floor apt for the occasion, but I see we envision someone entirely different travelling through that window!;)
  20. chunkypony

chunkypony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think you are refering to DAN connor, not T-1000 potential target in Terminator 2. I don't know if smoking weed in middle school would really affect you when you have a 3.6 GPA in finance at a major university.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.