PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's your take on Jonathan Kraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always great when you have to resort to complaining about grammar, then mention I work at McDonalds. Nice arguing there, I know now tell us about how you went to college in Florida. I haven't heard about that in a few days.

You probably never heard that one because I didn't go to college at Florida. I went to UCF and UNF. But don't be jealous 'cuz ya boy has a degree. And I would have loved to debate this topic with you. You weren't interested in that, though, and decided to try to insult me with a weak ass roast. If you're going to try and insult me, at least bring some heat and make it worth my while.

Yes you should, if you are really upset go root for another team. I for one am sick of listening to a bunch of grown ups acting like 4 year olds, calling Kraft names, grow the fck up.

Well some of us who are upset are looking at giving up on the NFL* entirely, not considering following another team.

This issues many of us have with how the Pats have handled their defense, or lack there of, are suggestive of problems with the integrity of the league as a whole.

Switching teams doesn't get to the heart of the issue.

You probably never heard that one because I didn't go to college at Florida. I went to UCF and UNF. But don't be jealous 'cuz ya boy has a degree. And I would have loved to debate this topic with you. You weren't interested in that, though, and decided to try to insult me with a weak ass roast. If you're going to try and insult me, at least bring some heat and make it worth my while.
Perhaps before complaining about grammar, one might want to concentrate on reading skills, there is a difference between going to school "in" Florida and going to school at the University of Florida.

I think people should take into account that the Globe had an agenda here as well. I think the article was pretty balanced overall, but they took their shots as well. There was a reason the article focused on JKraft's so call "vengeful" nature BEFORE focusing on all the good works he does with his family and others.

As someone who lost the "gene-pool" lottery (big time), I admire Kraft's work ethic and his effort to get to where he is today. No question, having come from the family he was born into gave him a head start, but I doubt anyone would question that he'd would have been successful on some level if he'd come from Grove Hall rather than Chestnut Hill.

The disaster that ultimately became known as the Megaplex fiasco probably had a LOT of blame on both sides. But the fact is Kraft was convinced to spend Millions of dollars on the word of Bill Weld and Weld couldn't deliver, simply because Weld didn't understand how parochial Boston Politics really was.

From what I remember EVERY local pol and "community leader" kept coming to Kraft with their own personal agenda, all of which kept the price of the stadium going up and up. I'm sure the Krafts rubbed some people the wrong way. They didn't get to where they have without being tough.

BTW- It also should be noted that it was in the Globe's best interests to shape the "discussion" to side with the "local" interests because that's where their long term connections were more important. And we all know that the Globe as well as any newspaper can slant a story when they want to. The fact that JKraft doesn't like the Globe is a plus in my mind.

I think if we are looking for the next head of the Patriots, it's important to focus on the facts that his guy is a hard working family man how fully understands the wealth and power he has, yet coaches his son's Pop Warner team, and clearly understands its not all about him. (It should be noted that he's NOT the HC of the team, as he surely could have been, but an assistant).

I have been as hard on Bob Kraft for his capitulation on "framegate" as anyone on this board, but that doesn't mean I can forget about the 20 years that proceeded that catastrophic error in judgment. At great financial risk, Bob Kraft saved pro football in NE, and totally turned around a failing football operation, and helped make it into the model every team looks to emulate....and can't.

It would go a LONG way to rehabilitate his reputation with his fan base if he simply stepped down at this point and passed the baton to the capable hands of his first born. I'm pretty sure Jonathan is doing most of the heave lifting already. It's time to make it official. I'm sure Myra would approve.

Honestly I get all the Florida schools confused so I figured Florida was safe. I am old and easily confused after all.

And to be completely fair, going to school in Florida probably would have been much nicer than going to school in Mass.

Well some of us who are upset are looking at giving up on the NFL* entirely, not considering following another team.

This issues many of us have with how the Pats have handled their defense, or lack there of, are suggestive of problems with the integrity of the league as a whole.

Switching teams doesn't get to the heart of the issue.
In the end, the only way things get changed is if people vote with their pocketbooks.

In the end, the only way things get changed is if people vote with their pocketbooks.

Which you clearly don't plan on doing. So thanks for helping to keep the status quo. All while continuing to ***** about people *****ing.

Which you clearly don't plan on doing. So thanks for helping to keep the status quo. All while continuing to ***** about people *****ing.
I have a limit for listening to people *****. It comes from raising 5 boys, running a company, and being active in town politics. People need to be able to complain about things to other people, it makes them feel good, they enjoy sharing their miseries and like to have people comfort them. You let them do it for a while, but the point comes when enough is enough. Complaining further isn't helping anything or making anything better, it is just you whining about something that you can't do anything about. At that point, it becomes the parent/boss/leader, to step up and say enough is enough.

I believe that point has been reached now. Listening to grown men call Kraft whatever juvenile name they have come up with, serves no purpose on this board, it is time we grew up and moved on with it.

Guys and gals, let's drop the personal attacks, ok?

There's enough to discuss on the thread topic.

Thanks.

You go into a bar alone. Some dude decides to start $h!t with you. You let him know your not afraid of him. Then you look behind him and he's got 31 other guys that got his back and not yours.

What do you do?

Don't count on it. He'll probably end up just like his father. Don't rock the boat! There's millions more to be made! The apple more than likely does not fall far from the tree.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure that Bob has taught Jonathan that the best way to be a good partner to the other 31 is to keep your mouth shut, never make any waves, and always worship at the altar of goodell,

I have a limit for listening to people *****. It comes from raising 5 boys, running a company, and being active in town politics. People need to be able to complain about things to other people, it makes them feel good, they enjoy sharing their miseries and like to have people comfort them. You let them do it for a while, but the point comes when enough is enough. Complaining further isn't helping anything or making anything better, it is just you whining about something that you can't do anything about. At that point, it becomes the parent/boss/leader, to step up and say enough is enough.

No, I'm good. I'm sure 90% of the posters are too. This is a Patriots forum where we're free to openly discuss the Patriots and things that we like and don't like. If you don't like it, there's a reason why Ian enabled the ignore thread feature. Instead, you've wasted multiple posts contributing absolutely nothing to the topic but ad hom and *****ing yourself. You're not the parent, the boss, or the leader here. So, if you don't like the topic, feel free to exercise the ignore feature.

I believe that point has been reached now. Listening to grown men call Kraft whatever juvenile name they have come up with, serves no purpose on this board, it is time we grew up and moved on with it.

Sorry, but it's not up to you to decide what we can and cannot talk about. The thread will go on, Kraft will still get your hard earned dollars, and the Earth will keep spinning.

Guys and gals, let's drop the personal attacks, ok?

There's enough to discuss on the thread topic.

Thanks.

Fair enough.

In his baseball column today, the Curly Haired Boyfriend blamed Jonathan for the entire DeflateGate mess. He blames him for having Robert give that defiant speech in Arizona. He blames him for all the pro Patriots leaks that made the NFL look bad. He blames him for the Wells Report in Context.

You go into a bar alone. Some dude decides to start $h!t with you. You let him know your not afraid of him. Then you look behind him and he's got 31 other guys that got his back and not yours.

What do you do?

Who has put more money in your pocket over the last decade plus? The quarterback that's a victim of a witch hunt that you easily could have fought (at the very least through the media) or the other 31?

What do you do?
Summon a higher authority for assistance in showing them the error of their ways.

In his baseball column today, the Curly Haired Boyfriend blamed Jonathan for the entire DeflateGate mess. He blames him for having Robert give that defiant speech in Arizona. He blames him for all the pro Patriots leaks that made the NFL look bad. He blames him for the Wells Report in Context.
Sounds like he is just making things up with no basis. Sort of reminds me of Felger recently spouting conspiracy theories that it is actually Belichick who is responsible for deflate gate. Both are trolls and have no shame in making baseless claims. The only thing I've supposedly heard is that Jonathan has a hotter temper than his father. Who knows how true that is.

As for Jonathan I don't know enough about him. But there is obviously concern about him picking up on his fathers ways. There's little reason to assume he'd be much different.

Mr. Kraft has $226.4 million dollars in NFL revenue sharing as an incentive to get along.. not that what he did is right, but business men do business first..

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey