Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's your issue?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TBradyOwnsYou, May 25, 2010.

1. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was feeling a bit introspective today which made me curious and I figured I'd post.
    We are all assumedly Pats fans, so regardless of our personal political/religious beliefs, we'd still probably clink glasses/high five/hug and scream at the bar while watching the Pats beat the Dolphins.
    However, there's usually at least 1 issue that causes your hair to stand on end, for you to start frothing at the mouth, or that just makes you want to punch someone in the face. (Other than someone being a Jets fan).
    I can generally debate with anyone and be civilized on almost any matter but my face-punching button gets pushed the hardest by anti-war peacenik hippie punks who will protest, march, and argue their face blue that killing is wrong, blah blah blah, yet not realize that they have the freedom to do these things specifically because someone else at some point in time took up arms and killed for their right to do/say it.
    I've always felt this way, yet ironically I do not come from a military family. My current occupation is not a cause, yet no doubt an effect of whatever originally instilled in me the need to serve. I've yet to narrow it down to anything concrete though.

What is your issue and where does your strong belief come from?

(If your button is, for example, anti-abortion and someone else's button is pro-abortion, please avoid trying to argue your point here. All I am curious about is what your button is, and why you think that way)
    Thanks!
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Republicans.
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The seemingly never ending innapropriate use of the race card is mine.

A close second though is people's inability to recognise and admit their own prejudice. I personally have to keep an eye on myself for that BTW.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The Double Standard On Race, The Wars & Gitmo.

Bush Wars & Gitmo=Bad

Obama, same wars same gitmo=Good

Phony Bastards

Won't get into the Race Double Standard (everybody knows it)
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Mine is people and corporations who think that it's OK to sh!t wherever they want as long as jobs are made. I'm the guy who calls someone out for dropping a candy bar wrapper out the car window. Freaks me out.

Second worst one is how our culture feels the need to identify everything in black and white (or red and blue) terms.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Government spending, and the illegal invasion.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I would also like to add The Illegal Alien Invasion and the way the friggin democrat liberal rats try to play the Race card with it.
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Free Money. The belief that some have, particularly with entitlements, that when the government prints money it doesn't cause a ripple effect in people's wallets in the way of inflation, devaluation or taxation. We all want to provide relief to those in need but efforts to mask that relief so people aren't "ashamed" and to push the "economic equality" button will eventually cause the whole system to fall down.
  9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My list gets longer everyday:bricks: but my tried and trues:

1. The Drug War.
    2. Wars without end and the subsequent treatment of the veterans.
    3. Stupid people.
    Basically I really dislike hypocrisy no matter what the issue is. That includes the issue of race.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Government spending ( more than it has) and eminent domain and the taking of private property which the Supreme Court upheld ( wrongfully in my opinion) in Kelo v New London... Wouldn't be the first time SCOTUS was wring.
    That's two but so what...............
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Unintelligent people(aka lemmings), who view an obviously partisan blog and then assume it is fact.. only to be easily disproven as it is usually taken out of context, the Drudge approach to finding facts... the hard work is always necessary..

People who hear something on the radio or some other media outlet and assume it is fact, and spout that information without verification.. see 1 above...
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agree! Why do I have to be pigeon holed as one or the other? Not sure it is an official hot button for me, but it's close!

Anything in particular about the Drug War, if you don't mind expanding?

Ah. You reminded me of another one. The Drudge Report. When Mr. Sludge decided to release the fact that the Prince of our biggest ally was currently serving in Afghanistan that made me go berserk. It ties in to my utter hatred for the media reporting on this they shouldn't. Like Geraldo during the invasion of Iraq drawing out in the sand on live TV where units where, where they were going... and all of these news reports about classified stuff siting anonymous sources because "the person is not authorized to speak on the subject". OH REALLY? Wow, maybe if you aren't authorized to SPEAK about something, you shouldn't BLAB it to the media!!!
    But, before I let my rage take control and I hijack my own thread, I digress.
    (needless to say, I should've mentioned that one in the original, it's definitely a huge one for me!)
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Civil rights. Whether people of color, women, gays, the disabled, I think our nation needs to be vigilant in pursuing equality. In my opinion, even though in theory people have equal rights, the reality is different. In the case of gays, discrimination is legal in most states. In the case of women, the constant demand by the right to regulate their bodies with regard to abortion is of concern. In the case of people of color, we still have not addressed the huge price American blacks paid as a result of prejudice that was legal until 40 years ago. In the case of the disabled, our culture still has a high level of discomfort them and as a result they are often shuttered in. These are not easily resolved issues, but we need to continue to work on them becaues human nature I think is to lapse back into unfair behavior that unfairly discriminate against people.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Those who are elected to be REPRESENTATIVES, and legistlate from a selfish perspective, based only on their own profit.

basically Congress.

Oh and Pro religious/anti abortion/pro war/pro domestic terrorism morons.

Basically your average Glenn Beck fan.

you guys are killing us.
  15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Drug War: first of all and most importantly it's an Epic Fail. Magilla money's been getting thrown at it for years to no avail. Secondly it's the magilla money that's being made off of it but because it's all driven underground it's created an entire underground economy. Third is the hypocrisy of it; we facilitate the importation of a product then arrest the people who use it. I should add this isn't a personal issue for me, it's the hypocrisy of it all that's simply just wrong. This topic's been discussed here a lot in the past, if I had time I'd find some links etc.

I should explain my war comment too; again it's not a personal topic for me and I'm not even anti-war, I guess I'm anti-war as a way of life, maybe how one would define war I guess. And if we're going to be engaged in forever war then Military Inc should find a far better way to take care of the people who serve in them.

Rant over:D
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

One of the fave programs in the drug debacle is the "DARE" program whereby cops come in and try to scare the shyt out of kids in school.. longitudinal studies have shown that is has absolutely no effect on the audience.. but because it is one of those "feel good.. atta boy" programs, i.e. a photo op.. no one wants to defund it...
  17. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you good sir!
  18. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sir-ette actually but we're still good :)