PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whats your biggest concerns going into this game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
For me a) its the unknown factor of the colts secondary. Bunch of new players we dont know about .how quickly we adjust to their physical play could be important. I wish indy had david and harper still.
b)our Defensive tackling which has improved but will face a bigger test this week.BB showed the addai cutbacks as a big threat on all access show.Iam sure thats something he is harping on as well.Also how the D can sustain its stamina over the period of the game. Last yr the colts no huddle wore them down. I guess it depends a lot on how our offense executes .
Lot of people are predicting a blowout. Iam not so sure. We havent been able to stop manning last 3 times . We have better personnel now but he now seems a bit more comfortable with the scheme the pats play.
what do you guys think ?

how long its going to take people during the game thread to piss and moan if the colts...GASP....score a TD.

my biggest concern...??? for noone on our team at the least to get injured

Our D's ability to control the underneath, check-down, drive-sustaining stuff.

QB12

I am concerned about the defense. Can they stop the Colts inside the 20. Will the Patriots Offense be able to sustain drives ,keeping the Colts offense off of the field.

1. run defense and containing addai on first and second down. hopefully seymour will contribute to this as i feel the run defense is greatly improved with him in there.

2. getting pressure on manning and hopefully the colts aren't allowed too much

Stadium noise if they start struggling.

Colts quick passing routine on a slow pats secondary.

Not being able to blitz manning effectively and rattle him.

Running plays up the middle and Bruschi being too old and slow to get there.

Maroney running upright and getting injured.

i should add..i would like to see if the pats stick with the running game in the 2nd half. last 3 games once they got stopped a couple of times they moved away from it.

a simple stat to look at ..last 3 games colts have scored 35 pts avg and pats 25. has our offense improved enough to make up the 10 pt difference and has the defense improved enough similarly ?
i read in reiss's column that the colts are going to more a short quick passing game because of tarik glenn's departure to give the rookie less time to handle the pressure. Means a short passing game to deal with like the pats own offense of the old

Same as what's being said.
1. Injuries
2. 3rd down defense
3. Pass rush

i should add..i would like to see if the pats stick with the running game in the 2nd half. last 3 games once they got stopped a couple of times they moved away from it.

a simple stat to look at ..last 3 games colts have scored 35 pts avg and pats 25. has our offense improved enough to make up the 10 pt difference and has the defense improved enough similarly ?

Has our offense improved 10 ppg?
Ummmmmm, I'll take silly questions for $1000, Alex. :)
j/k

That Manning, unfortunately, has learned to dink and dunk.

1. Injuries
2. The Refs

The rest of the issues are within our purvey to control

I have none.

No worries. No problems. No doubts. None. Zero.

No Flu and no turning up the heat...But seriously

No key injuries to ANY player on BOTH sides

1. Tipped balls/fumbles

Unlike the majority, I'm not particularly impressed by Indy's D, except for their improved speed, and hard/sure, tackling. Hopefully the Pats' offensive players will secure the ball

2. The effectiveness of our running game. Our Oline hasn't consistently blown Dlinemen back from the line of scrimmage which is reflected in our paltry 4.2 ypc.

3. Coverage in the middle of the field/Addai checkdowns

4. Sacking Manning when the opportunity presents itself (we got pressure on Manning in both games of the 2006 season but allowed him to run away from it and get passes off)

5. Refs - will they call holding on the Colts' Oline, interference on their DBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes