PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with this headline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the MVP of a season was based on the CURRENT season? Not what happened when Randy was playing for the worst franchise in the NFL. That article was terrible and had no relevence to the question he opened the article with.

This topic comes up alot when I'm talking with other teams fans. They all acknowledge that he is the best Wr this year but some can't get over the fact of him "quitting or not playing hard for the Raiders."

This is a very real opinion unfounded or not, and yes I think it does come into play in a lot of fans and sportswriters minds in their perception of Randy Moss. I agree that it should not because the 2007 MVP voting should be on this year, not in years past. This is just terrible journalism imo but not entirely unexpected due some other fans interaction.

This made me to a double-take.

Well, SI spends so much time washing Manning and Brady's balls that it's only natural they devote some time to Moss' 'taint.

Well, SI spends so much time washing Manning and Brady's balls that it's only natural they devote some time to Moss' 'taint.

Someone got it.

Taint is a term used to refer to the perineum (the region of the human body between the testicles and the anus). This term has no basis in medical terminology and is most often considered lewd and mildly obscene. The word taint is derived from the combination of the words "it" and "ain’t" run together to form the portmanteau "taint." The joke commonly being: "It t'ain't your balls and it t'ain't your ass." Despite its dubious origins, the term taint has become relevant to pop culture, having been used by several television programs and stand up comedians.

I finally read the story, and I have to disagree completely with Trotter.

This is the MVP for the 2007 season, homie. Who gives a **** what happened in 2006, 2005 and even further back. The MVP award does not mean that they have to be a role model, it just means you have to be the Most Valuable Player in football.

I finally read the story, and I have to disagree completely with Trotter.

This is the MVP for the 2007 season, homie. Who gives a **** what happened in 2006, 2005 and even further back. The MVP award does not mean that they have to be a role model, it just means you have to be the Most Valuable Player in football.

Mark another in the column of "I got it."

I agree the article's stupid, but he could have made the case that Randy doesn't deserve the MVP of the Patriots because of last year. He just went about doing it in a completely ridiculous manner ("Somebody think of the kids!").

The Patriots would be winning without Moss. They wouldn't be dominating teams like they are with him, but they'd be winning (see last year). If you took away Brady would they still be winning? Who knows. Would Moss be putting up otherworldly numbers? Probably not (not as bad as last year's). I'm in favor of another co-MVP, split between Brady and Moss.

This made me to a double-take.

Hehe....nice.

Had to make a screencap of it...
MossTaint.jpg

Last edited:
How do people get away with writing **** like this. His ass should be warned/fired for writing garbage like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back