Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's worse???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by theONLYJerseypatsfan, May 27, 2008.

1. theONLYJerseypatsfan

theONLYJerseypatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the superbowl loss in February or $4.00 regular gas??

Its actually comforting to me that I can choose the 4 dollar gas as being worse.......and I live in jersey where it is about a quarter cheaper than anywhere else....

It could always be worse.....I could be driving a diesel truck.......jeez..
  2. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Re: whats worse???

I always use Premium - $4.25 a gallon in my area of PA

Gas will NEVER get lower than $3.65 a gallon from now on - Guaranteed

In the Poconos Diesel gas was $4.99 this week
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

i say gas, only because we'll be back again this year, and we WILL win. $4? hell, i thought it was bad down here at 3.80. new england must be $4.50 .lol.
  4. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

The Super Bowl loss is worse.

When you consider that gas begins as carbon deep down in the earth, then it gets pumped out, put into containers and shipped around the world, where it's refined before getting anywhere near a gas pump, it's a miracle that it ever cost below $4. Massive subsidization of this industry over many decades has made us feel as though the stuff was inexaustible. Think about it. A gallon of water even costs $2.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Gas, by far. The Super Bowl loss hurt, but it didn't hurt my pocket. Gas is expected to go above $4/gallon down here sometime within the next two weeks. And, as gas has gone up, so has the cost of food. This shouldn't even be a question, lol.
  6. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

yeah well, try coming up here to canada where its $1.30 a liter, which translates to about $5 a gallon.
  7. BrianPat

BrianPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll be a minority here, but I'll have to say the SB. I don't think I'll ever feel a letdown like that again in my life. Unless I'm told I have cancer in the future !

Anyway, I am happy to see SUV sales fall off the cliff, it's about time ! I understand the need for SUV's, but driving the kids around is NOT what they were designed for. Also, I see the gas price increase causing more research money going towards better batteries and fuel cells. OK, I'm a geek who thinks people should use wind and solar energy to generate hydrogen
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

SB by a mile. I make make lifestyle choices to limit, not eliminate, the effect of gas prices. Nothing I can do can get us that 19-0 season though.
  9. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Supply and demand. At $4 a gallon (or whatever) alternatives that were to expensive keep getting better. Petroleum's days are numbered.

SB 42 was forever.
  10. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 1 / -2

Exactly! If higher gas prices means fewer soccer moms (and dads) driving their TWO children around town in a giant boat of a car that I can't see around, talking to no one important on their cell phone and changing lanes without looking, then I say charge $10 a gallon! I'll save up and buy a hybrid.

SUV's serve a purpose, but it's not to make sure your precious little snowflakes don't have to look at each other during trips to the grocery store.
  11. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I take the train to work and my job picks 50% of the pass tab so its not changed anything. If i fill my motorcycle i get 50 mpg so it take 20 bucks for every 250 mile .but got to say i never thought i will see 20$ for a tank of gas.

so the SB loss.
  12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +634 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

The Super Bowl loss was much, much worse. There are ways around the gas thing -- you can cut down on needless trips, etc. If we'd won the Super Bowl I'd still be on a high from 19-0 and things like high gas prices wouldn't seem so bothersome.
  13. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You're kidding, right?
    One seriously affects the quality of my and every American's life; the other is a game--a game!
    It might have made me feel blue, but it didn't put me in the red.
  14. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

All things considered, I've felt for years that U.S. citizens had it GREAT when it came to gas prices. For years we've heard about $5-6 (in dollars) per gallon gas in Europe, and we've also heard about concerns over oil reserves worldwide for the longest time. How long did people really think we'd be paying about 1/4 the prices of other countries?

And STILL, even at the escalated prices, we're paying less than half what most European and South American countries are paying...the only countries in the world that pay less than us are (predictably) in the Middle East and China. Get over it...imagine what people would be saying if we had to pay $8.78 a gallon--which is what it's currently at in Italy.

So to answer the question: the Super Bowl, by a mile.
  15. nummit

nummit Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would choose the gas issue over the SB loss, but heating oil is my biggest concern. I can cut down on my trips in the car but I can only cut back so far on the heat. If the price right now is $4.25 a gallon, imagine what it will be next winter
  16. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

My minivan permanently sh!t the bed this past February, and it was really a blessing in disguise. The 4 of us are able to make due with my wife's Grand Am, and it has saved us a bunch of money.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Other countries gas prices are largely due to taxes, it's not really a good comparison.
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

You should come to Florida. We don't even know the meaning of heating oil. :cool:
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

It depends on how much you drive, your cash flow and whether it actually affects the quality of your life. I don't drive enough that it affects my quality of life in a noticeable way so I would DEFINITELY take the SB win.
  20. theKrafty1tar

theKrafty1tar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just got back from seeing my family in Poland. And I paid 4.22 zloty/liter (or $8.00/gallon)- eventually the U.S. will catch up with Europe, I'd have to say Gas by far