PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's with Dennard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have less to do with Dennard and more to do with game planning for the Jets. More linemen, and extra safeties could have more value than a 5th CB.

Reiss notes that the Pats played a 5-2 base on almost half the snaps, and also a big nickel defense in sub much of the time:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...4774808/patriots-defensive-snaps-change-at-de

Malcolm Butler never played a snap, so clearly BB didn't see much value to having 5 CBs active for this game. So are we really debating whether Butler or Dennard would have been more valuable sitting on the bench?

I agree with regard to Butler.

However, it seems very unlikely that the team will consider Dennard worth $1.5M next year. BTW, how did he get that huge increase in 2015 salary?

I would think that we'll see a lot of Ryan in the slot (not a great idea). The alternative is to put Browner in the slot and Ryan outside.

I think Browner would get torn to pieces in the slot, he's big, tall and long which is great for matching up on outside receivers but slot guys with their quickness would eat him for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes