PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up with the game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Nice win in bad conditions today against a coach who knows us as well as anyone (steals our playbook fer crisake) and QB who works very well in the short field we allowed.

If you only read the game thread you'd think we're the 2007 fins and just lost another by 40 points.

It's funny for a while, but some out of town fans count on the game thread to actually follow the game.

If the same suicidal whiners can't show more impulse control than a 3 year old week after week, maybe they need a vacation to relieve stress.

Just my opinion.

It's a pretty rational opinion. Unfortunately the anti impulse control crowd doesn't know how to be real fans. They have all developed Felgeritis, where you confuse mindless criticism with objectivity and convince yourself you know what you're talking about in the process - and that is their defense, pathetic as it may be. They also think Ian maintains this site as a public venting service to whiners. And unless he tells them otherwise, there ain't a whole lot the rest of us can do. Preferably boards like this police themselves, even at the risk of being called cliquish or homers, but this one has grown too rapidly and become unwieldy for the rational posters to manage. And then there is always the free speech crowd who can't abstain from wading into an argument even if they can't stand the whining themselves...

Ian could open a second board at this rate and call it Patswhiners.com.

It's a pretty rational opinion. Unfortunately the anti impulse control crowd doesn't know how to be real fans. They have all developed Felgeritis, where you confuse mindless criticism with objectivity and convince yourself you know what you're talking about in the process - and that is their defense, pathetic as it may be. They also think Ian maintains this site as a public venting service to whiners. And unless he tells them otherwise, there ain't a whole lot the rest of us can do. Preferably boards like this police themselves, even at the risk of being called cliquish or homers, but this one has grown too rapidly and become unwieldy for the rational posters to manage. And then there is always the free speech crowd who can't abstain from wading into an argument even if they can't stand the whining themselves...

Ian could open a second board at this rate and call it Patswhiners.com.

I like your idea. It would be a huge forum too.

Then I could laugh at the low humor and come back here to follow the game. Win win.

As long as I've been here I've never posted and hardly read the game threads for the reason that I don't want to get pissed off.

All I give a **** about is winning the game. The game thread is filled with bandwagon fans who panic at the first sign of anything. It's terrible.

All I give a **** about is winning the game. The game thread is filled with bandwagon fans who panic at the first sign of anything. It's terrible.

It used to be tolerable. Having to close a game thread when we led the entire game and outscored the opponent 2-1 is a disgrace.

Out of town posters have to depend on game threads and NFL.com gameday sometimes to know what's going on.

When a few people wreck the enjoyment for the many, they should take responsibility, or be given vacations. Maybe game thread only sanctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes