PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up with lack of updates to Patriots on Demand on Comcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritOf76

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea why we're not getting all the normal content updated on the Patriots on Demand on Comcast?

I especially miss the Local Replay. It was the best place to see 10 minutes or so of the best plays from the Pats games on a nice big screen with good camera angles. I think it also had the local radio call for home games, which was sweet.

They've been posting random recent NYG and NYJ games on Local Replay, so why not the Pats.

Even if a game is part of the weekly NFL Replay, you'd think they could post the abridged hilights afterward, on Local Replay.

Just be happy you have Patriots on-Demand.

I live closer to Foxboro than Boston, and because this part of MA has Charter cable (which dropped the NFL Network, mind you), I don't have Pats on-Demand.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I am grateful, but I also do pay for NFL Network, and part of the value is the OnDemand. I do put up with the endless NFL Replay and Americas Game commercials, and repetitive unimaginary commentary, and I am paying for it. Local Replay is worth quite a bit of the whole deal to me. But I realize that doesn't mean jack to someone who can't pay for it and access it at all.

I thought maybe there would be some media lurker on this site, someone like a Dan Pires, who actually might know if there was some contractual reason things had gone south.

I decided to send email to the Patriots front office via the Patriots website. That's the best way to voice my opinion.

They'll be charging for it pretty soon, I suppose.

They did change the playback counters not too long ago. The Comcast UI seemed to be tracking a certain amount of "free" viewing time used by the user. Maybe they're hoping to charge a fee, once you start using the OnDemand feature past a certains amount of viewing time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back