PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Smartest Thing You've Ever Thought/Said About the Patriots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richter said:
This one's easy. Week 5, 2001 season, Bledsoe is done and Brady is starting. After he leads the team to the great comeback win over the Chargers, with witnesses present, I declared the Patriots were going to win the Superbowl, with total certainty, and that nothing was going to stop them.

Of course, I also thought they were done after the tuck rule play against Oakland, which is easily the dumbest thing, though it seemed certain at the time.

After the Charger game I did say that Tom Brady was going to be a great QB in the NFL and I hoped it would be with us, at the time I had no idea he would be this incredible.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Then do yourself a favor and visit today before the Girl of the Day changes, 'cause this one is interesting. :) http://www.patsfans.com/parking-lot/
Nah, not interested. I'm kind of weird. I know I'm allowed to look but I'm not interested since I got married. Not because I think I'm morally above it but why tease myself. I have what I have; I'm stuck with it for better or for worse. So why look at what else it out there. I know, it's weird.

BelichickFan said:
Nah, not interested. I'm kind of weird. I know I'm allowed to look but I'm not interested since I got married. Not because I think I'm morally above it but why tease myself. I have what I have; I'm stuck with it for better or for worse. So why look at what else it out there. I know, it's weird.

You are wierd.:rofl:

To each their own. I told my wife the week after we got married. I got married, I didn't go blind. It's worked out pretty well for that lucky woman.

PATSNUTme said:
I told my wife the week after we got married. I got married, I didn't go blind.
Like I said, I can, I just choose not to. It's like being on a diet and staring at a cheesecake - why tease myself with what I can't have.

BelichickFan said:
That's exactly the way I am with strip clubs. Eh... why bother, I can't touch, and if I could I still wouldn't. So, I do understand where you're coming from. But the Parking Lot type stuff, is just like a minor 20 second amusement and then it's forgotten. I mean I remember three things from the Girl of the Day this morning.. a] Blonde (eh.) b] kind of an odd but not ugly face (eh.) and c] see-through white bikini (okay, cool.) Barely occupies much interest in the overall scheme of life. (Then again, I could be desensitised from working a few years for p0rn web sites.)

During superbowl 36 everyone i was with at the time said after the rams tied it i said no go for the win now they all laughed i guess i showed them0

T-ShirtDynasty said:
That's exactly the way I am with strip clubs. Eh... why bother, I can't touch, and if I could I still wouldn't.

Depends on the club and the local ordinances. I actually don't like 'em because strippers think the most impressive thing in my pants is a passel of little green pieces of paper which, quite frankly, I need for other things.

But moving right along. My "smart moment" came after the first few games this year - I believe we had six straight playoff teams early in the season, and finished the first half 4-4. Sometime around then, I said to a guy in my office "we're a lock for the playoffs, it's a matter of getting healthy enough to take it from there." He looked at me like I had two heads - but then, he hadn't studied the Pats' remaining opponent. :)

Wish I had something more uncanny!

PFnV

I guess it can qualify, but when we (finally) drafted Tommy, I told everyone I knew he'd be starting within 3 years, and was going to be a solid pro. Granted, it was more out of loyalty to a Michigan man and a friend, but I was dead-nuts on. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Not to my devoted & beloved wife, it doesn't. :D

meowwwCRACK!

just kiddin'

PFnV

I predicted the way we would score in SB36-1 TD offense, 1 defense, 1 ST, and 1 FG. Called the score 24-17, tho.

I said Ted Johnson was the most under-appreciated player on the team.

While watching the Oakland playoff game me and about 30 of my fellow cohorts saw the tuck rule play and I groaned, but when they showed the initial replay I began shouting "His arm was going forward, his arm was going forward! It's still our ball!"

The rest of my buddies gave me the "No way, dude. It's a fumble, he was pulling it down." I saw the next next replay and pointed and yelled at everyone "His godam arm was still going forward, ITS OUR FREAKIN' BALL!!!"

Rule 3, section 21, article 2 of the NFL Rule Book:

"When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any
intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the
player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back
toward the body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball back into the body
and then loses possession, it is a fumble. If the player loses possession
while attempting to re**** his arm it is a fumble".

The ball never made it close to his body and therefore it is still considered a forward pass attempt. I knew it right away. After several tense minutes all of NE got the joyous news, and I got a bunch of shoves in the the head and some FU's from all the Raider fans I was partying with in Cal. at my cousins place before he got married the next day. (He's a Raider fan, too) Then the FG's......

Good times my friends, good times.

Last edited:
The moment BB walked out on the Jets: In Bill I Trust!

Smartest things I've said about the Patriots:

2001 - Bet 2 Jets fans that the Pats would finish with a better record than the the Jets.
2001 - Bet a Steeler fan that the Pats would beat them
2001 - Bet a Rams fan that the Pats would beat them, not just cover the spread.

2001 - After Madden said they should take the knee and play for OTm I yelled at the TV: " MADDEN, STFU. They need to GO FOR IT."

2003 - You can't call Graham a bust after 1 year. Not when Belichick says it takes 3 years for a TE to develop.
2004 - I perfectly understand why they were drafting Ben Watson. Belichick likes to bring in a player a least 1 year before he'll need him. And Fauria is going to be a UFA after the season (only to have Fauria add another year about a week later).
2004 - Where are all you people who were calling Graham a bust? Guy is only the BEST blocking TE in the league. Look at what he did to PEPPERS.

Last edited:
In Super Bowl 36 we had an 11-point lead at halftime over the Rams. Early in the 3rd quarter, I told my brother on the phone that we needed to make two field goals in the second half to win, because the Rams were going to score two touchdowns. That all happened, but of course I hoped the second FG would come a little earlier!

P.S. Bruinz, I too shouted at Madden's comment. Kneeling down is way overrated in football, especially in that situation!

I live near chicago so a little involves bears fans.

1.) Saying that BB is going make them snap the ball out the endzone against Denver (kinda easy to guess knowing the coach tho)

2.) Never doubting that we were going to come back and beat Chicago when we played them in Champaign.

3.) Betting every Bears fan i know that the pats will have a better season record and both 2002 and 2003. (They were 13-3 in 2001. and im gonna try it again this year)

4.) Not pats but i wont forget it. turning to my roomate and saying "50 bucks right now says this choke artist ******* misses this kick"--Vanderjagt against Pitt in playoffs. I have never been more certain of anything in my life.

Back to Back SBs...

I knew we were going to win SB 39 when we picked up Corey Dillon. I did not waiver 1 minute during the season. Even after Miami beat us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye