PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Smartest Thing You've Ever Thought/Said About the Patriots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If we're all willing to make ourselves look stupid, I guess we should have a chance to look smart too.

This is mine . . . I'll be honest, I'm not sure I believed it - it may have been rationalizing a move I was unsure about - but I did say it.

In defending giving up a #1 pick for Belichick : "I'd prefer to lose one good player if it means getting someone who can make the other 53 players better".

Sounds good now - like I said, though, I'm not sure I really meant it.

Belichick after Tuna left

My smartest thing...I wanted them to hire Bill Belichick instead of Pete Carroll.

ted

my three smartest things:

the moment after we drafted tom brady i said he is our future starter

before the 01 season i said the pats are making the super bowl (after saying the ravens would the yr before, and the titans would the yr before that-all before the preseason even started)

after bledsoe went down and we were 0-2 and 1-3 i still said tom brady was leading us to the playoffs

The smartest thing I've ever said was......Upon seeing the Parking lot..."Gee, this will keep the guys happy during the long off-season, and maybe during the season too"! Comments on the Parking Lot may even take over from the Cheerleader thread count"!

Aren't I just brilliant!!!! LOL

PatsChick87 said:
Comments on the Parking Lot may even take over from the Cheerleader thread count"!
Ummh, yeah, GO PARKING LOT!!! (just helping ya overtake the cheerleader thread, just a few more to go)

"Now would be a good time to get season tickets" - The day after the Pats drafted Bledsoe.

No way Dan Klecko makes this team. He's bloody useless. -- Sept. 2004
No way Dan Klecko makes this team. He's bloody useless. -- Sept. 2005
No way Dan Klecko makes this team. He's bloody useless. -- May 2006

Just because I was incorrect doesn't mean I was wrong.

Not me. My father. BEFORE the game, he predicted that Brady would get hurt against the Steelers in the 2001 playoffs and Beldsoe would come in and win the game for the Pats.

Sitting in the stadium, during games, looking around at everybody else and saying to myself "I'm the best looking Patriots fan here". :D

The day the Pats released Lawyer Milloy, a colleague (and a new fan) came into my office and breatheless announced what had happened and I said, "hey BB has proven he knows what he's doing. We gotta trust him."

Last edited:
Hoodie said:
The day the Pats released Lawyer Milloy, a colleague (an new fan) came into my office and breatheless announced what had happened and I said, "hey BB has proven he knows what he's doing. We gotta trust him."

It's about the only smart thing I've said, as well. I have to say that I expected it to have a bad effect on that season, but to be beneficial for the team's longer term future. I thought that it showed that BB understood the concept of the team and the concept of making decision for the long term. Other than that, I haven't said anything particularly smart about the Pats.

This one's easy. Week 5, 2001 season, Bledsoe is done and Brady is starting. After he leads the team to the great comeback win over the Chargers, with witnesses present, I declared the Patriots were going to win the Superbowl, with total certainty, and that nothing was going to stop them.

Of course, I also thought they were done after the tuck rule play against Oakland, which is easily the dumbest thing, though it seemed certain at the time.

Last edited:
PatsChick87 said:
The smartest thing I've ever said was......Upon seeing the Parking lot..."Gee, this will keep the guys happy during the long off-season, and maybe during the season too"! Comments on the Parking Lot may even take over from the Cheerleader thread count"!

Now, the Cheerleaders are part of football. That thread is paying homage to those who help our team to victory.

The Parking Lot. Well you know some guys never grow up! :rocker:

Last edited:
I still don't know what The Parking Lot is . . . I've always just ignored those threads :confused:

"We'd better take the safety and trust our defense"

For me, it was seeing how much time was left on the clock when the Rams tied the game in Super Bowl 36. After watching what the team had done all season, I knew we were going to win that game.

It was almost spooky how calm I felt.

As my son and I were walking back to the car after the Pats suffered a loss when they were beaten by the Rams at Foxboro Stadium in 2001, I said to him " You know, they should've won tonight. If they get to play these clowns again this year they're going to beat the SOB's because the Rams can definitely be beaten by this Pats team"! And I absolutely meant it.

:woohoo: :D

Last edited:
After they signed Rodney..."I don't think Harrison's done...he still has some gas in him"

Of course, that was preceded many years earlier by "I don't think Marion Butts is done...he still has some gas in him"

edzo44 said:
As my son and I were walking back to the car after the Pats suffered a loss when they were beaten by the Rams at Foxboro Stadium in 2001, I said to him " You kow, they should've won tonight. If they get to play these clowns again this year they're going to beat the SOB's because the Rams can definitely be beaten by this Pats team"! And I absolutely meant it.

:woohoo: :D

After this game I turned to my buddy and said "I'll tell you right now the Rams want no part of us again this season. We should have won tonight--and they know it."

Superbowl prediction....

The Patriots have the personnel on Defense to shut down the Rams in the Superbowl.

The Rams beat most teams with four excellent WRS, Bruce, Holt, AzHakim, and Proehl with Marshall Faulk as a fifth WR out of the backfield. The Pats can match them with Ty Law, OTIS, and T-Buck and the Safeties are OK too in Lawyer and Tebuckey and they even have couple of other fair DBs in Antuan Harrris and (??? Leonard).

No body else had the depth to cover all thier receivers, so they got clobberred; the Pats do. They'll win outright..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back