PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Plan for Kendall Simmons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Simmons is healthy, he would be our Game Day backup at guard and center. Ohrnberger would be the inactive interior lineman. And Wendell and Connolly would be waived, freeing up two roster spots, presumably for a backup QB and a backup OT.

As far as the future, we would have three potential starters at guard for 2009, four if you count Ohrnberger. Neal is a free agent. Mankins is a free agent or RFA depending on whether there is a new CBA or not.

Last edited:
As far as Light goes...I think he's good just incredibly overvalued at this point.

It almost reminds me of Bledsoe's situation. When he came in, he was more or less quick enough to play at a high level.

Then everybody else got faster in a hurry.

---------------------------

Light was very good when he came in, had SOME problems with speed rushers.

Then everybody else got quicker in a hurry (relatively), especially as he gets older.

He's slowly but surely becoming a liability.

So you're saying Bledsoe turned into Bledslow?

If Light is in the same boat as Kaczur then I guess Light will be extended. Certainly Belichick doesn't share the poster evaluation of Kaczur as a week link.

The reason for trying Simmons at center is to know whether we need to sign a 4th OT, or whether we can go with three until LeVoir is ready. Also, Simmons could step in a OT if rookie Vollmer is not quite up to the task.

As far as Light leaving a year early, that would depend on his 2009 performance as well as on how well Vollmer and LeVoir develop. And as has been made obvious in the last week, a player going into his contract year is very, very vulnerable.

The talk about trying Simmons at T confirms what I sense: Matt Light may start his broadcasting career sooner than he thinks. Am I the only who thinks he, even more than Kaczur, is the weak link in the O-line?

QB12

Last edited:
If Light is in the same boat as Kaczur then I guess Light will be extended. Certainly Belichick doesn't share the poster evaluation of Kaczur as a week link.

The reason for trying Simmons at center is to know whether we need to sign a 4th OT, or whether we can go with three until LeVoir is ready. Also, Simmons could step in a OT if rookie Vollmer is not quite up to the task.

As far as Light leaving a year early, that would depend on his 2009 performance as well as on how well Vollmer and LeVoir develop. And as has been made obvious in the last week, a player going into his contract year is very, very vulnerable.

I have stopped fighting the guys who hate on our O-line...its futile. Yes they have struggled a little more the last two years but if you look further you see first year starting QB last year and an offense that threw as much as any team in history the year before so maybe that could have something to do with it. For Brady's career he has had it good last year was a freak injury and for the most part in his career he has avoided a beating. Along that road the line also paved the way for the best single season rushing year by one guy in CD and by the team last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back