PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Opinion on Brady's Kick Slide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBledsoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Me, I don't know what to think.

I didn't like it as a former catcher. I know it's a different sport, but cleats up is something that just rubs me the wrong way. I really don't think it was malicious, and what bothers me most is that the way he extended his leg, he was leaving himself susceptible to injury.

Oh well, it is what it is...

He played baseball and should know better than to slide cleats up. Didn't like it.

I didnt like it. But, I think it was a subconscious defensive move. He has been getting a lot of late hits during slides. He was down and had a defender honeing in on him. It wasnt a penalty , so I guess not everybody agreed it was "wrong".

Not a very nice move. I didn't like it. Mostly because I know Brady is going to get blasted for it.

I think he could have gotten injured much worse than anyone who might have run into hom there.

If it keeps Ed Reed from smashing into him with his helmet (like he's done to other players three times this year w/o getting suspended), then I'm OK with it.

So it was dumb AND smart at the same time.

The man is a contradiction.

I think it was a subconscious defensive move.

I agree. In the end, it wasn't smart; but it's a rough game and ***** happens. If the Ravens want to be upset about it, I get it.

Brady isn't athletic

That's it

Not a good look, besides if Reed WERE to rough him after he gave himself up we get a clock stoppage, half the distance closer to the GL, and 3 more downs. Sometimes you gotta be willing to absorb that in the case it would happen.

I agree. In the end, it wasn't smart; but it's a rough game and ***** happens. If the Ravens want to be upset about it, I get it.

Are we as Patriots fans not the most reasonable?;)

Well balanced.

I've said it a bunch of times already. He played scared and didn't want to get hit. It was the same reason he ran into the ref, and the same reason he didn't try to outrun the Ravens fattest defensive player.

His ****ed up slide and horrendous attempt at a scramble contributed to losing so many seconds at the end of the half.

In a game where 3 guys got helmet to helmet hits all the talk is about Brady sliding with his foot up? I understand the baseball analogy but the guy Brady was sliding into was padded from head to toe. Maybe a penalty/maybe not but the fact the Raverns and media are talking about it after the fact is pretty rediculous. If it was any QB other then Brady it wouldn't be getting any attention at all.

I've said it a bunch of times already. He played scared and didn't want to get hit. It was the same reason he ran into the ref, and the same reason he didn't try to outrun the Ravens fattest defensive player.

His ****ed up slide and horrendous attempt at a scramble contributed to losing so many seconds at the end of the half.

And all the while Belichick sat there dumbfounded on the sideline not thinking himself to call the timeout.

He has a total lack of running ability and didn't want to get hit late again.

I'm sure Belichick will cop to that later.

And all the while Belichick sat there dumbfounded on the sideline not thinking himself to call the timeout.

I agree, both of them screwed the pooch there. They didn't want to risk not getting any points, but Brady has to realize at that point, he has to throw it in the end zone or throw it away.

I've never seen Brady do that before, so I assume it was an accident.

If it was calculated, then I chalk it up to trying to protect himself against the cheap shot thugs he was playing against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing