PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the fascination with Julian Edelman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that Edelman is a better receiver than the just-released Salas

Edelman
Career 54 536 9.9

Salas
2011 STL 6 27 264 9.8

Salas has half as many catches as Edelman in 1/8th the amount of games. Yet Salas didn't even get a look. Weird.

I find it hard to believe that Edelman is a better receiver than the just-released Salas

Edelman
Career 54 536 9.9

Salas
2011 STL 6 27 264 9.8

Salas has half as many catches as Edelman in 1/8th the amount of games. Yet Salas didn't even get a look. Weird.

I hear ya Scott,BB should not mess with WW and let him do his role and let JE spell him at times? With Winslow trade looks like 2 TE set is 1st & foremost WW would excel.

First, the tight end situation was temporarily resolved today.

Second, the running back situation will be hopefully resolved once Shane Vereen returns from injury.

Third, Lex Hilliard needs to be cut immediately followed shortly by Michael Hoomanawanui. Neither can block worth a damn.

Fourth, the primary issue with the New England Patriots offense faltering versus the Arizona Cardinals defense was the porous offensive line more so than the quality of the receiving corps...

...that, and the arrogant, brain-dead play-calling, which has been happening in tight, high-pressure
games ever since SB42, and which should come as little surprise when considering that neither
of the coordinators, nor any of the skill-position coaches, have played at this level under similar
conditions.

When the going gets tough, the Pats get...a loss.

Oh, and their place-kicker is a choke-artist.

Branch is back
Kellen Winslow provides short term depth at te
We still have another slot open

Salas can still be signed to the practice squad.

Its week 2...the sky is falling. Don't forget that its the afc east and the pats would have to be terrible to miss the playoffs...so there is some wiggle room to figure things out on the fly.

This team can't beat GOOD teams with just the defense. There is no Ty Law, Asante Samuels, or Rodney Harrison in the secondary. The D was solid last season at times, but they still lost games because it wasn't good enough. The league is too different for the D to be the catalyst. Where did that get the Ravens or any primarily defensive team the past decade in terms of winning SB? In the case of the Pats, my fear is that the offense is so reliant on guys that play only in the middle of the field. The league has adjusted to the Pats in that regards, hence the results we see against good defensive squads who have the athletes to matchup with Gronk/Hernandez/Welker.

It helps if the offense behaves efficiently.

The giants D showed up and they won it all.....twice.

I hear ya Scott,BB should not mess with WW and let him do his role and let JE spell him at times? With Winslow trade looks like 2 TE set is 1st & foremost WW would excel.

Salas?......I'll take Edelperson over Branch at WR.He's tough....versatile......and cheap :rocker:

Whats with all of the Edelman hate? hes a better run blocker than Wes and this is a RB and TE centric offense now, its probably that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back