PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the deal with Ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it y'all are at Ghost's throat looking for blood but no one mentions the holder or the snapper? Kicking is a team effort, not just one guy, and I saw a pretty horizontal hold today on that missed kick. We have a proven, amazing kicker. Why not question the rest of the kicking system first?

Seriously?
i also noticed that...the ball was at a 45 degree angle, im used to them being held vertically

who is the current holder? and who has been it the last few seasons?

Don't forget, we don't beat Arizona without Ghost. He's in a slump,but they happen, the great ones break out of them.
I am not panicky about the situation. Without a doubt Gostkowski has had a rough start to the season kicking FG's, but this guy has been an excellent, reliable kicker for a decade with us. I think he straightens out his game and impresses again down the stretch.

I remember back in 2010 and watching Ghost warming up before the game against the Jets at Metlife Stadium. One kick would go right, one would go left, another would be right down the middle. He was all over the place. On the other end of the field, Folk the Jet's kicker was making everything with ease, even past the 50 yard line. In the game Ghost misses his FG and Folk makes both of his. This was the 2nd game of the season. The first game Ghost was 1 for 3.

The point is, Ghost eventually fixed the problem and became a great kicker since then. He will fix it but it is something he will have to work through.

kickers go through this type of funk, hopefully he gets out of it soon

Never heard of the book; but based on its cover, I'm guessing that it's about 4 strains of weed?
No, but I like where your going:cool:. It's a book TB mentioned, that he reads. I never read it, But it sure looks like that on the cover. I'm sure there's a connection

proxy.php
:eek:All right now, before the rest of you follow him, listen:

I figured it out. Ghost is suffering from a mild case of what pro football scientists call, RWS, or, "Ricky Williams Syndrome".

Now, before y'all change your mind about voting to legalize pot, let me explain:

After 313 carries with the Saints in '01, Williams carried the rock for the Dolphins 383 times in '02 and then 392 times in '03, both of those today ranking in the top 15 rushing attempts in a season, all-time. I seriously doubt that anybody ever has had that many carries in a two-year span.

As it turned out, the guy was in fact, human. And like any normal person, he needed some kind of break, and it happened how it happened, but anyway it was inevitable.

Now, on to Ghost: Between FGA, XPA and kickoffs he's been the busiest kicker in football by far the last five years. He's the first player since the AFL-NFL merger to lead the league in scoring in more than two straight seasons (four) and he was perfect in XP's last season despite the ball being brought farther out, which messed up countless other kickers.

He needs to chill. It was wrong for him to blame himself for what happened in Denver-not his fault.

I'm only surprised Ernie Adams didn't diagnose this already. Or if he did, whatever treatment they're implementing is not really being effective, and they need to alter their strategy.

I am not panicky about the situation. Without a doubt Gostkowski has had a rough start to the season kicking FG's, but this guy has been an excellent, reliable kicker for a decade with us. I think he straightens out his game and impresses again down the stretch.
I'd rather Ghost got the yips now than in Jan/Feb.

I'd rather Ghost got the yips now than in Jan/Feb.
He's only been one of the best (the best?) all-around kickers in the NFL for a decade, no time to **** on him like the present. It's easy to bail on him now and call it logical because he's "just a kicker", but I think bearing with the guy will be well worth it.

I don't think there's anything to see here. The guy's been a beast for 10 years, couple lulls in performance some injury based which are hardly out of the norm for a kicker, and he's had a run for 7-8 games since the AFCCG that isn't ideal b/c he missed a few kicks. Doesn't mean he's dead in the water.

If, with the Super Bowl on the line, I had a choice between Stephen Gostowski and, say...some rando or Robbie Gould (?...best option available out there...) to kick the game-winner for me, I'll ride with Ghost, win or lose.

He's only been one of the best (the best?) all-around kickers in the NFL for a decade, no time to **** on him like the present. It's easy to bail on him now and call it logical because he's "just a kicker", but I think bearing with the guy will be well worth it.

I don't think there's anything to see here. The guy's been a beast for 10 years, couple lulls in performance some injury based which are hardly out of the norm for a kicker, and he's had a run for 7-8 games since the AFCCG that isn't ideal b/c he missed a few kicks. Doesn't mean he's dead in the water.

If, with the Super Bowl on the line, I had a choice between Stephen Gostowski and, say...some rando or Robbie Gould (?...best option available out there...) to kick the game-winner for me, I'll ride with Ghost, win or lose.
By now, surely, you've worked out NFL fandom consists of the "what have you done for me lately?" crowd?

Ghost will be fine.

This is what he does. Makes a billion kicks in a row and then gets in slumps like this. Hopefully he kicks his way out of it soon. They're lucky it hasn't cost them a game so far this season. They can't keep leaving easy points off the board.

Yup he's done

Wonder if he's going to cost us another shot st the SB like he did last year

He's about as unreliable as any kicker in the league at this point. Which blows my mind
What happened today my dvr crapped out on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots