PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the deal with Ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally think they should move the pat closer - somewhere between the old and new distance.

Now I am officially concerned.

He's done.

Would anyone honestly be comfortable having to rely on him in the postseason, even for an extra point?

Ok everybody....

MUJLD4c.jpg

I think the PAT miss against the Broncos (AFCCG) really affected him in a bad way. I had a bad feeling after that game that it could carry on into this season and it looks like it unfortunately has. He needs to somehow find his mojo again because there will be times within the season when he is going to be needed. Steve has EARNED the chance to redeem himself.

I will never forget when he kicked that last second game winning FG against the Giants. It was one of the best moments I have ever enjoyed as a Pats fan. Steve for me is the Greatest NFL kicker of all time with Vinetieri. I cannot leave Adam out for obvious reasons. Adam needs to come home for his induction into the Pats hall of fame and leave that garbage dumpster known as the Colts ASAP.

Last edited:
Why is it y'all are at Ghost's throat looking for blood but no one mentions the holder or the snapper? Kicking is a team effort, not just one guy, and I saw a pretty horizontal hold today on that missed kick. We have a proven, amazing kicker. Why not question the rest of the kicking system first?

Seriously?

I think the PAT miss against the Broncos (AFCCG) really affected him in a bad way. I had a bad feeling after that game that it could carry on into this season and it looks like it unfortunately has. He needs to somehow find his mojo again because there will be times within the season when he is going to be needed.

Looking more and more like it is. I had posted this in this thread after last week's game. All I know is before when Ghost came in it was like automatic but now right before he lines up to kick I'm sayin C'mon Ghost nail this.

Looking more and more like it is. I had posted this in this thread after last week's game. All I know is before when Ghost came in it was like automatic but now right before he lines up to kick I'm sayin C'mon Ghost nail this.

He used to be automatic from 50+ too. I have faith he will be able to turn it around. I remember when he missed a game winning FG against the Cardinals in 2012 but he recovered and was in GOAT form from there on out.

Last edited:
He used to be automatic from 50+ too. I have faith he will be able to turn it around. I remember when he missed a game winning FG against the Cardinals in 2012 but he recovered and was in GOAT form there on out.

I'm not giving up on him at all. Hopefully he can work it out and get back to his normal self.

He's in a slump, just needs to keep practicing. I wonder if popping these punt-like kickoffs is throwing him off?

He's in a slump, just needs to keep practicing. I wonder if popping these punt-like kickoffs is throwing him off?
I wonder if that is why he did fewer of them 2nite?

I expressed concern several weeks ago here and was met with disagreement. Even last week I posted hope it was a passing thing. Now, it's not. It still may be correctable, but if I'm BB I've got Robbie Gould on speed dial.

Are people seriously suggesting replacing Gostkowski?

And were you also considering releasing David Ortiz in April of 2010?

Are people seriously suggesting replacing Gostkowski?

And were you also considering releasing David Ortiz in April of 2010?
Not right now. But, if his poor performance continues, yes I will be then. And, if you or anyone else thinks it's not a concern to Belichick, you're kidding yourself. Oh, and Ortiz in April 2010? No, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back