PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the best case scenario for Kevin O'Connell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best case scenario for Kevin O'Connell?

Isn't it obvious?

His best case scenario is to play the 4th quarter of each and every Patriots game staked to a 40 point lead, running up the score against defenses unable to stop him. Of course the Patriots go unbeaten and win the Super Bowl, making that 19-0 copyright a worthwhile endeavor.

O'Connell then develops such significant buzz, that all his amazing 4th quarter work, despite the cat calls of "running up the score" by the national media, that he gets the Patriots a #1 pick in return.

I really don't think that's too much to ask, do you?

Incredibly stupid question.

Best case for him is to get a significant amount of playing time, do really well, and get traded or resigned to a big contract. The significant amount of playing time would have to happen via Brady getting injured.

I like the responses "sit on teh bench for 10 years". Yeah, that's his best case scenario.

What YOU want (Brady to be uninjured) and what is best for KOC is not the same thing, necessarily.

So why even ask such a stupid question?

So why even ask such a stupid question?

Unfortunately, the thread titles can only be so long.

Nevertheless, I specifically explained the question: What is the best case scenario for all involved?

Nevertheless, I specifically explained the question: What is the best case scenario for all involved?
You are assuming that most people bother to read the question before posting an answer. Doesn't appear to be the case...

Evaluating Kevin O'Connel on the conventional measures of ahtletic ability, which is a piss poor way of evaluating QBs but whaqht most scouts do, I come up with this rating.

Arm: not quite as good as Stafford, but much better than Sanchez. Running ability: much better than both Stafford and Sanchez. Size: better than Stafford and Sanchez. Accuracy: better than Stafford, INC for Sanchez.

There is insufficient information to evaluate either the smarts, or POISE of any of the three. We all know that these are true measures of a QBs potential.:)

Now it is easy to see why Belichcick drafted him, as he is a much better prospect than the piss poor QBs drafted in the 2008 First Round.

Net, Net: He is a better candidate for QB than either Stafford or Sanchez.:)

Classic stuff that he called your question stupid - but he didn't read it all.

Clearly the best case is for O'Connell to look good in some preseason and mop up duty, enough for NFL teams to raise their eyebrows without Tommy getting hurt. Cassel playing well wouldn't hurt as it would speak well of our QB development program.

Best case scenario is Belichick locks him up for a few years so that if tom gets injured again we can get more than a 2nd rounder. O'Connell has the arm and if he gets the head he'll be a valuable starter in this league.

Isn't it obvious?

His best case scenario is to play the 4th quarter of each and every Patriots game staked to a 40 point lead, running up the score against defenses unable to stop him. Of course the Patriots go unbeaten and win the Super Bowl, making that 19-0 copyright a worthwhile endeavor.

O'Connell then develops such significant buzz, that all his amazing 4th quarter work, despite the cat calls of "running up the score" by the national media, that he gets the Patriots a #1 pick in return.

I really don't think that's too much to ask, do you?

I'd take that scenario. Sure. ;)

Here's another scenario - KO sits for 5 years as Brady wins another 4 superbowls in that span. Then he takes over and plays like Steve Young winning the Pats another 4 superbowls making the Pats the best team EVER of the 21st century.

I really like this kid's physical abilities. I have a lot of faith in him as Brady's backup. Apparently Al Davis really likes him to as he demanded Kevin O'Connell from the Pats as part of the trade for Derrick Burgess. I guess even Al Davis is giving up on Jamarcus (The bust) Russell. Even so, at least he has his eyes on a QB with definite potential.

I'd take that scenario. Sure. ;)

Here's another scenario - KO sits for 5 years as Brady wins another 4 superbowls in that span. Then he takes over and plays like Steve Young winning the Pats another 4 superbowls making the Pats the best team EVER of the 21st century.

He's only signed through 2011 or three more seasons. If he has a head on his shoulders to match the talent we all hope he has, he won't sign any extensions to remain Brady's backup here. Brady intends to play for another several seasons at least. And if he wins 4 more rings in the next 5 years he certainly won't be going anywhere at 37... O'Connell will want to have a shot at a starting role somewhere before he's 30, they all do (...except for Sorgi who subconsciously apparently also believes he's incapable...).

I really like this kid's physical abilities. I have a lot of faith in him as Brady's backup. Apparently Al Davis really likes him to as he demanded Kevin O'Connell from the Pats as part of the trade for Derrick Burgess. I guess even Al Davis is giving up on Jamarcus (The bust) Russell. Even so, at least he has his eyes on a QB with definite potential.

Given Al's track record since entering his dotage I wouldn't necessarily call that a ringing endorsement... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes